Another Shock Posting

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
JeffQuadShop

#11 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Yes, the $800 is for the long travel arms!

LapTraffic

#12 Post by LapTraffic »

Avatar Thief? Why our avatars are clearly different.

Mine has a black border around it biggrin.gif

Great job on the design man. I'll get rid of it if you make me one and you can take this one back.

This is clearly the best Cannondale 'C' I've seen, and the embossed 440 is very trick.

Immitation is the highest form of flattery

LapTraffic

#13 Post by LapTraffic »

800 bucks is rediculous

That's no to you Jeff, Im sure your cost is equally out there.

Think a moment on what a titanium bike frame can be purchased for, or a highend aluminum.

A arms would be a measure of both difficulty and cost easier to do than a bike frame.

Theyre gouging.

Is aluminum no good for this stuff? I cant imagine it not being strong enough with the gusset that the chromoly has underneath.

Anyone know about that?

LapTraffic

#14 Post by LapTraffic »

ahhh, honor among thievs smile.gif

I dont feel so bad.

****, you coulda bilked that one for a free case of beer at least biggrin.gif

LapTraffic

#15 Post by LapTraffic »

My complaint is that it doesnt add up relatively speaking.

Compare it to a mountain bike frame or something similar, there is considerably more jig work there. and about 10 times the number of welds. Precision is every bit as important as well as strength.

I do understand the work involved and the cost of material and what it takes to throw down a good weld. THAT'S why I can say they're overpriced, by a good measure.

If I've offended you this or my previous post I apologize, it was nothing personal to Houser or anyone who has purchased their stuff. It was an observation that they're charging too much for the work... maybe the stickers cost 400 bucks? smile.gif

LapTraffic

#16 Post by LapTraffic »

**** Guy... That one is way cooler than mine... better watch out wink.gif

JeffQuadShop

#17 Post by JeffQuadShop »

**** Taco....shouldn't yours be an H with like 398???

LapTraffic

#18 Post by LapTraffic »

I was just offering the bike frame as an example of the complexity of set up and welding in relationship to cost. A arms are less complex, less material, fewer welds, and more money, just an observation.

I plan on picking up a tig welder in the next year, I want to make my own treestands for hunting.

I figgure I could do nerfs and A arms for cheaper than what it would cost retail, and once the set up is right I could make em for friends etc.

Dont mind me, Im pretty mental about paying more for stuff that I can do myself for less.

I dont know that I'd pay 800 for titanium A arms...

Ok, I'll shut up now

cannondale27

A-arm cost

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Also you have to think about other costs just to run the business liability insurance comes to mind I bet that takes a big chunk out.

LapTraffic

#20 Post by LapTraffic »

Noted wink.gif