Axle nuts:::

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
DMAC10

Axle nuts:::

#1 Post by DMAC10 »

Could anyone give me some advice on how to keep my rear axle nut tight. I've tried several thing and it will not stay tight. I have the Lone Star Axle with the durablue hubs. It just will not stay tight. Any suggestions?????:confused:

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

Mine wont either. I have two Lonestar axel quads and two RPM axel quads and none of them stay tight.

ppogue

Anyone

#3 Post by ppogue »

Anyone at all? I have the LS as well and have to tighten them every other ride.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Get the Lonestar anti-fade hub locknut it is pricey but it works!Also most carrier bearings on the cannondales are at least a year or more old now might want to take a look at them.

claas900

#5 Post by claas900 »

..I have the LS axle also and my stock nut would keep getting lose,funny thing is it would get lose and stay there,and not get any loser.Just the like amount everytime.Iv heard of the sprocket hub striping out so I tock my axle out and pressed off the sprocket hub and noticed the splines werent in the best of shape tho not bad some in fact some had chunks missing.

I also noticed were the snap ring meets the sprocked hub it had a light wear grove in it..SO..I drilled two holes in the hub so i can put in set screws..When i pressed the hub back on I used sleeve retanner..and lock-tight on the set screws.. ..Now all i have to do is put my motor back in..and test it out...lol...See how it holds up..

DMAC10

Axle Nuts

#6 Post by DMAC10 »

Hey guys, I've got the RAD axle nut and it stays tight. I'm needing help on the axle nuts that hold your wheel hubs on. I guess you guys couldn't read my mind, So any recommendations on how to keep the wheels from coming off. This year at Loretta Lynns MX races, one of my axle nuts came lose and even broke the safety pin and luckily didn't comer off during the race. But it sure was close. Any suggestions?????sad.gif

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I use a impact on the hub nuts or at the races a two foot breakerbar and my foot to kickit.If you change gearing and stuff enough it isnt a problem but otherwise it is part of prerace inspection to tighten these nuts.Every brand quad I know they loosen eventually and of course they have to be kept real tight or the splines will be shot.A good dose of Loctite would work but then when you need to remove it it would have to be heated.

motoxak

#8 Post by motoxak »

so the lsr anti-fade lock nuts for the 400ex will fit on a c-dale??