Aluminum Frame?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Dale512

Aluminum Frame?

#1 Post by Dale512 »

What would be the best way too get my frame too look new again?

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

Mother's aluminum polish and alot of elbow grease (or a polishing wheel on a high speed grinder or dremel)

blaze#52

start polishing

#3 Post by blaze#52 »

hey you could polish the hole thing out(easier to keep clean) or strip it down and hot water and a lot of simple green, good luck

cannondale440

#4 Post by cannondale440 »

The best way would be to strip quad down to the frame and polish the whole thing. Very time consuming but will make it look better than new or you can just sand it down a bit with maybe some 320 grit or finer sand paper.

jfarrar

#5 Post by jfarrar »

i usually hit mine with some fine steel wool then rub ona little mothers and that will bring it back to a factory shine

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

I use steel wool.

EuroGOD

#7 Post by EuroGOD »

I don't know what you Stateside guys call them, but I use the synthetic versions of steel wool. The stuff your mum/wife/you use to scrub the dishes with.
It takes some time to go from front to back, but stock up on the :drink: :drink: :drink: and make a night of it.

When you've finished, a quick blast around the block to clear the dust then a dousing in WD40. Follow this with a quick wipeover with a shop cloth and your gleaming.

I do this after every ride. It gives me the chance to go all Zen on the quad and helps me notice any premature wear, loose bolts etc.

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

Be honest dude, ya do it every time cause you get to drink a couple beers in the process of admiring the great machine it is! :head:

EuroGOD

#9 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by thomez
Be honest dude, ya do it every time cause you get to drink a couple beers in the process of admiring the great machine it is! :head:

Either that, or I'm hiding from the wife :no: :no: :whip: :deal:

00Honda400EX

#10 Post by 00Honda400EX »

Originally posted by EuroGOD
I don't know what you Stateside guys call them, but I use the synthetic versions of steel wool. The stuff your mum/wife/you use to scrub the dishes with.
It takes some time to go from front to back, but stock up on the :drink: :drink: :drink:  and make a night of it.

When you've finished, a quick blast around the block to clear the dust then a dousing in WD40. Follow this with a quick wipeover with a shop cloth and your gleaming.

I do this after every ride. It gives me the chance to go all Zen on the quad and helps me notice any premature wear, loose bolts etc.

I take it you're talking about SOS pads? I bet those would work rather well.

If you're into spending a little cash (12.99) this stuff works better than you can imagine. I use the cotton stuff on the tail pipes of my t/a and a few other various things. It's worth the money and it's pretty easy to use. I have the medium abrasive stuff so it will clean while you polish. Heres a pic of on of the tail pipes
click me