Reinforced Rims Or Beadlocks?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
remlapr

#11 Post by remlapr »

The ITP T-9 Baja's are rolled edge with reinforcement rings rolled into the rims - they are pretty tough and not much more then regular .190's. The rears have rings on both sides, not sure about the fronts. Only problem I've had is that they don't seem to hold the bead nearly as good as stock honda rims.

OCR

#12 Post by OCR »

Spend the money on the front Hipers too, you wont regret it!

Psychosis

#13 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by OCR
Spend the money on the front Hipers too, you wont regret it!

I would, but unless somebody's got a pair of 4+1's real cheap then doesn't look like it unless I wait which I may. Just am sick of pounding down my rims every ride.

haydug

#14 Post by haydug »

I must say that I'm really impressed with the hiper's. I just became a dealer, so I'm new to them on my personal machine. But a buddy of mine has ran the same rear set for 2 seasons now on his GNCC 250r. He just bought a new Yami and ordered a complete set of Hiper's from me, so that must say something. As for the ringed wheels, I have seen them bend. Actually last time I went trail riding, I spent 20 minutes standing in a creed beating the lip out so the tire would seal on a standard rim. I wouldn't reccommend them to anyone going off road.
The front wheels however are a little differnent. I have ran the factory Honda wheels with good luck in mx for 2 seasons. I am now switched over to the hipers, but will keep the others for a spare set.
The Hiper's are not that much more expensive when you look at the big picture either. Just think if you hit something hard enough to break a wheel (3 parts) you could probably buy just the broken peice and put the wheel back together.

Jaybr

#15 Post by Jaybr »

I'd also like to point out that in my experience Hiper has awsome customer service. I sold my front 3/2 hipers to Nrath when I switched the front end and went with 4/1's. When Nrath got them he noticed that there where a couple hairline cracks around the threaded inserts where the rings bolt down, only on one wheel. I called Hiper and they said they had had a manufacturing problem on a few wheels and they sent me out a complete set.

Nrath ended up with a brand new set of fronts for used price, he must have a rabbit's foot up his ***.

NRath

#16 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by Jaybr
he must have a rabbit's foot up his ***.

Hey, Hey, NOW!!!!! That's one of the few times in my life when I made out like a bandit! I'm usually on the receiving end! And those Hiper's are awesome wheels- they look great sitting up on my shelf!!wink.gif

LapTraffic

#17 Post by LapTraffic »

Benefits of 4/1 over 3/2 for XC?

haydug

#18 Post by haydug »

4/1 over 3/2. The 4/1 puts your tire over your ball joint, and closer to the center point of your tie-rod, which reduces bump steer. The only problem with running them and stock a-arms is it will make you to narrow. I am running +1 arms with the 4/1 and love the handling of that setup. The 3/2 aren't to bad, but when you go real wide like 1/4, or 2/3 that's when you really notice the bump steer effect.

LapTraffic

#19 Post by LapTraffic »

Well. Im at +3 right now, so the norrowing effect of a 4/1 offset would probably be beneficial. Not to mention the taming of bump steer. Good to know. Thanks!

aroracer72

#20 Post by aroracer72 »

I know im late on input, but, ii bought my cannondale used..and it came with Hypers. These things must be related to our frames..cause they are industructable, for me at least. Im shure some 1 has broken some..or damaged some, but....im hard on vehicles...particularly my own. When i ride...i ride...lol. I ride on trails up north that softball and larger sized rocks reside all across and along the trail, and me and my riding peoples all usually are top gear...pinned. Ive hit ricks while going sideways through corners..and going straight. No damage/problems. I should be a test rider for durability...lol...if anything is said or been proved to be not breakable...ive broken it. Im learning how not to...but thats just me...i ride em like i stole em....lol. tongue.gif But it all depends on your wallet, if you are limited....buy reinforced rims...havnt heard anything bad from anybody about those. But if you have the mulla.....get hypers....will accompany your quad for its life..uless you like jumping off cliffs or something.biggrin.gif
CHAD