will 400ex a arms shocks spindles and hubs and all that work on the front?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
THUNDERFOOT

will 400ex a arms shocks spindles and hubs and all that work on the front?

#1 Post by THUNDERFOOT »

im getting ready to build a cannondale quad and am going to buy aftermarket a arms and shocks. and was wondering if the 400ex stuff would work.

thanx

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

The upper shock mounts on the dale are a little wider, the a-arms will bolt up but will be -1 back, the spindle geometry is a little different and the ball joint taper is different.

I'd probably stick with the dale parts, but I think you can probably do it if you run the 400ex spindles, brakes, tie rods, etc.

Delaware152

#3 Post by Delaware152 »

Yes it will work and C-Dale hubs will work with 400ex spindels.

Brad77

#4 Post by Brad77 »

After studying up on this. I think that one of the most important aspects of this conversion is the handling.

The Honda parts will fit, but some custom spacers will have to be used. Like Jaybr said, the upper shock mount is wider than the Honda. Also, if the dale spindles are used, spacers will be needed for the ball joint kingpins. I think these can be purchased from Big Winky or possibly from Eyeball Engineering. Brakes would have to be Honda, there are adapters to run 250r brakes on Dale spindles, but nothing is available to run Dale brakes on Honda spindles.

Anyway, about the handling.

The Honda frontend will steer a little heavier than the Dale. Also the Honda frontend will be less twitchy than the Dale. Although I kinda like the light steering that the Cannondale front end offers.

The reason the handling is affected is because of the spindles. The Cannondale frontend has the ball joints almost on top of each other. Where the Honda front end the bottom ball joint is a lot closer to the tire than the top.