swingarm question ?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cdalepilot

swingarm question ?

#1 Post by cdalepilot »

what year cdale had the swingarm that was hollowed out in the middle ?

EuroGOD

#2 Post by EuroGOD »

FX400's and the early '02 models...
There was a recall on these swingarms due to breakage FYI.

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

you are the man !:bow: thanks, thats the first time i noticed one of these. was the recall for them being weak probably? i wonder how much lighter these swingarms were. is there maybe a way to strengthen them ,anyone tried ?

EuroGOD

#4 Post by EuroGOD »

I have heard reports of them being cracked, never actually broken one myself though.
As for weight comparisons, I think Jaybr is still running one...Maybe he'll jump in.

When I first saw the YFZ, it reminded me of this.

cdalepilot

#5 Post by cdalepilot »

oh yeah thats right , the yfz is similar to this. man those yfz really stomped some butt at rd 1 gnc huh?or maybe thats just about all the pros are using except a few.sad.gif

Ryanstones

recall?

#6 Post by Ryanstones »

I don't think there was an actual recall was there? They just changed over to the closed arm as a production update.
I have that open arm for 2.5 years with no problems. i'm not the jumper you are though pilot!
sad.gif

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

I've got one, but not running it anymore. Sprocket came loose on one of our H/M trips and chewed it up a little so I picked one up and replaced it.

I wasn't aware of a recall either, and never had any problems with mine. It's sitting in the garage and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I ever need one.

cdalepilot

#8 Post by cdalepilot »

theres one on ebay right now fellas i might bid on it ? thanks for the feedback.

Brad77

#9 Post by Brad77 »

I haven't had any problems with my open swingarm. It doesn't even make me nervous when I go for the huge five foot of air!!smile.gif

cdalepilot

#10 Post by cdalepilot »

brad77, if you go any higher we might have to build you some wings fo that cdale .ha!ha!