Lonestar Anti-Fade Lock nut

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Derno24

Lonestar Anti-Fade Lock nut

#1 Post by Derno24 »

Does anyone have a trick for getting one of these onto the Lonstar Dale axle. I got it on, but with 2 people a pair of screw drivers and too much work. :mad:

I was just wondering if anyone had one and if there was an easier way of doing it.

cdalepilot

#2 Post by cdalepilot »

you must be having problems with the outer ring?i first bent the ring open to get it to slide on, then i drilled two small holes in my ring , then used a pair of snap ring pliers too sqweeze the ring together and hold in the groove, then back the nut onto it to hold it in place. never had any problems ,its tight been on there a little over a year and 1/2.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Don't suppose you could send me a pic so I see what you are talking about? I think I understand, but I am not sure.

I got it on there, but it took 2 people and way too much effort.

KYmxracer52

#4 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I put mine on a DuraBlue and didn't have any problems.

cannondale440

#5 Post by cannondale440 »

I didnt have any problems with mine. I would say though, loosen up the pinch bolt and pry it open. Also, note that i used the stock clip due to it being easier.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

That is probably the dilema. I don't think the ring that came with it is very easy to work with. I got it in place, but I know it is jamming. I think the ring isn't fully settled. I may try using the stock ring too.

KYmxracer52

#7 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Is the ring that came with yours made out of small round stock and bent into a circle? I had mine to slip halfway out of the axle groove. DO you think the stock 2pc. clip will work better?

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

I am thinking about trying it. I may already have the adjustment I need though.

cannondale440

#9 Post by cannondale440 »

well I first tried the round circle one that comes with the axle and cut it in half like the stocker. I still didn't like the fit of it though, it seemed like it would be a pain to get back off. So i got the stocker and used it, worked great and no more lose brake disc.

NICE!!:head:

KYmxracer52

#10 Post by KYmxracer52 »

The way the groove is made in the axle, the flat stock pc. would probably actually fit better in the groove than the round one.