rebuilding a 03 shock to pep

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
btolenti

#1 Post by btolenti »

the fronts are arvins.....the rear is a fox shock with remote reservoir. If you happen to have an LE, you could have gotten a ohlins rear like the speed or last years cannibal.... I know you can add all the goodies to the fox shock, search for it in the forums. I believe I saw a similar post to yours a while back. It won't be up to PEP standards, but will be better than stock (rebound adjustment, etc., etc.)

LapTraffic

#2 Post by LapTraffic »

I have the LE with ohlins on the back. Copression and rebound adjustments as well as the standard preload. Works pretty well.

The fronts are another story. They are ohlins as well I believe? Can you put compression / dampner adjustable rezzies on those? If so, how much and is it worth it over upgrading to a readdy made shock with rezzies like the elka.

Price is definately a consideration.

Not having those be adjustable like the rear is a real hinderance.

btolenti

#3 Post by btolenti »

read this thread, Lap......some good info. I am sure the Quadshop will be more than helpful. let me know what you find out, I would be interested in the same thing...

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...s=&threadid=309

cannondalekid18

#4 Post by cannondalekid18 »

i am not real sure what this "Le" is all the cannibles speeds blazes and Motos come with a Ohilins rear shock I race Motocross on the national level and own a 02 Moto, but my girl friend owns a 02 cannible the best supention for the money that i have found so far is a Moto spring with TCS valveing (same as i use on my national machine for more information you can contact my TCS representive Brian Patterson @ 814 - 763- Bike

btolenti

#5 Post by btolenti »

not true.....many 03 cannibals come with front Arvins (black body shocks), and rear fox shocks with remote reservoirs.....