Shock Settings: Am I Weird?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Psychosis

Shock Settings: Am I Weird?

#1 Post by Psychosis »

I want to hear somebody's input here and see if anybody else is like this. I have PEP Limted Mass shocks up front w/Eyeball arms for MX. The shocks are amazing but here's where I got called weird today. :wow I like to keep the shocks where they're on their next to hardest setting. (Makes it like a rock in the front-end but on jumps I love it.)

Well, today I and a guy I know and race against both went riding at my local OHV. (Got off work so went riding) Well, we decided to have some friendly MX races on their track. He has a YFZ w/TCS shocks and LSR standard +2 arms, and HMF exhaust so we were pretty equal. We switched who won each time but we both noticed I was beating him badly in the rhythm sections/whoops and we're both pretty good riders usually.

Well. Long story short, he wanted to trade quads and he only rode the track one lap and got off and called me weird! :confused: I had trouble and didn't like his either and we weigh about the same. He said mine was like it had no suspension but that's what I like it set to. (The shocks get like his were and how he liked them but I hate it like that.) Sorry to ramble but anyone else like this? I guess I like it b/c it's more smooth to me by feel. And no calling me weird! biggrin.gif

protraxrptr17

#2 Post by protraxrptr17 »

Yeah, that's why they put adjustments on them. I like mine pretty stiff on stutter bumps and the like. It forces you to charge harder so you don't feel all the small choppy bumps. I also like them pretty soft on jumps. They bottom out pretty often, but I make use of all the wheel travel that I paid for so dearly. If we were all supposed to like the same thing we would have YFZ's. smile.gif

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

Yeah, I know what you guys mean. I guess I am a little weird. I put rebound kind of midway but compression on nearly full. I've had other people ride it and ask if it was valved for a 200lb person. (I weigh around 150 or a little less w/full gear.) W/the Limited Mass shocks it sits pretty low and w/the settings it looks like the a-arms are straight. But I'll say one thing. It corners better than anything I've had before.