Help!!!!!

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
millermanbg

Help!!!!!

#1 Post by millermanbg »

I just bought a 03 cannondale speed and i loved it untile the axle bearings went out and toasted the bearing carrier also the arm bushings our out on the top arms the stearing stem bearing pushed out of the holder in the bottom of the frame i took it apart and fliped the retainers around and pintched the bad one with a wise so it would work but it can loose and the stem witll move up and down 1/2 to 1/4 inch the guy told me he only had like 25 hours on it is this a problem that happens to most cannon or am i just that luck
first does any one have a carrier stock or after market for sale i have a hole set of bearing and seals for the carrier and i also need a moto axle or after market axle to make the back end wider
Second i have hole nother set of brand new a arms but dont want to install them if they dont even last a weekand trip out riding so does any one know if i have to get new break lines or get my stock ons extended if i get +1 or +2 a arms
Also looking for some one who would have a set of after market arms for sale
third had any one had the problem with the stearing stem bearing and if so how did you resolve it im thinking a bout taking it to local bearing seller and getting on to fit the stem and making a custom mount for the new bearing but im up for better sugestions
Anyone else know of some other problem that i should look out for on my speed that might be some costly repairs it it has the stage 8 kit and motor mount up dates along with fuel filter relocation
any one konw what all the stage a kit does he told me it fixes the problem with tranny bolts falling out it that it does it help power at all
thanks for your time everyone

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Stock brake lines will work with plus 2 arms. I have a billet steering stem bearing and a rear axle housing if you need it. Unless your doing extreme jumping you could use spacers on the stock short axle . A local bearing shop should be able to get a stem bearing with a holder. If yours is broke its probalbly from a flip where the quad landed on the bars.

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

any a arm will need to be disassembled and have the bushings greased routinely to keep them from wearing out. you could install grease fittings on the stockers or an aftermarket set without them. haydug had some nice houser +1's, not sure if he has any left. they have bearings with grease fittings, are super strong, and have quality ball joints.

400ex rear hubs wider the rear of our dales. they are a pain to install though, need to beat them on, and hopefully you won't need to remove them.

read everything on here! all your questions will be answered.:welcome: and good luck with your speed.