Hiper wheels

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CannondaleRider

#11 Post by CannondaleRider »

haha, our past race team was so ghetto. One of the guys had an "integral hub" design set up on his Douglas rims. He just put hubs on the normal rims and just used it as an intergral hub. I don't remember ever having to change a tire after he set his up this way. :drink:

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by CdaleRacer0128
Don't fret though, you cannot feel the diffference. i believe the hipers are slightly lighter than the alluminum beadlocks..even with dual beads and hubs built in..smile.gif

I know they are significantly lighter than ITP dual beadlocks. I would say they are definitely lighter than beadlocks, but not as light a just a plain rim.

Baart

#13 Post by Baart »

Well they are stronger or more durable I would then assume. They look better too. I have a front rim that has a flat spot on it from hitting a log. I hit a rotting log about 2 feet round and 6 feet long endwise as it was laying to one side of the trail. I saw it at the time but was unable to avoid it at the time. I later realized it was due to a slight uphill and the front tires where not quite on the ground. The quad came back and to the left. I avoided it landing on me which was good since I had no helmet on at the time. Was only taking it for a quick test ride and had no intention of getting crazy on it. Learned from that experience. When I got back with it I noticed that I had a bent tie rod which I straightened and the right front rim had a flat spot and there was wood from the log stuck between the tire and the rim. So I figure maybe despite the weight the HiPer wheels would be good if I am going to be hitting things or jumping the quad.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Look at it as a investment.They will fit all the quads now except Yamaha and the rear will even fit them(dual bolt pattern on 9x9).
I have a set of Champion beadlocks for over 10 years and they still are fine.Regular rims are a throw away item lucky if they las a year without being bent.I also finally got a set of Hypers now which I will always keep.Only thing I run stock rims is for TT and every race they are ripped or dented on sides.