Lone Star +3 Std Travel Arms ???

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
TheJaspMan

Lone Star +3 Std Travel Arms ???

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

Has onyone ever used them? If so with what kind of success? Any known problems?

cdaleracer52

#2 Post by cdaleracer52 »

i own a pair and i love them. Dont get me wrong im sure LT is prob nicer, (not to mention way more cash) but i am very satisfied with them. i run them with works pro series tripple rate zero preload shocks and i find it a great combo. I never had any problem with them. the ball joints stay nice and tight, no play, tie rods are strong and since your using the stock cannibal bushings for the lower a-arms, if something goes wrong with them u know its not LSR's fault.

TheJaspMan

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

What does that put your width at with stock rims?

And did you run the stock axle and Honda hubs in the rear to match up?

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
And did you run the stock axle and Honda hubs in the rear to match up?

Just for information, having Honda hubs on the stock axle doesn't come close to matching up. I run my Cannibal like that and have gained width but nothing close to what you'd want for to be equal w/a +3 front end.

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

+3 arms with stock rims will have you rolling like thomez, at 65".
i think you'd need true 4/1 offset wheels to get you back at 50" a +4 axle with honda 4/5(?) will even it out i think. dales use the 6/3 rear offset wheels.

JST

#6 Post by JST »

65" might be a little tiny bit exagerated.That is what I run also and would like to narrow it up a bit.I belive it puts your front end around 53",and yes you need the stock Honda front offset to get it trimmed down.

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Man guys what kind of [CD]rookie do you take me for? {snicker}

I know +3s that 4/1s in the front. I was just wondering how much you gained on the rear running a stock axle with Honda hubs. We are already running Honda rims, I just want to get the back wider without going to an aftermarket axle if possible.

The wife is running MX and stock is just too narrow. But we don't need to put $4000 into the front end until we know for sure she likes it. That's why I am looking at these arms. I just need to figure out how to handle the rear end.

cdrookie

#8 Post by cdrookie »

why are you using honda wheels in the back? dale wheels will make it 2" wider vs honda wheels. 400ex hubs will increase the width maybe 1" total. you're gonna need the axle!

TheJaspMan

#9 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cdrookie
why are you using honda wheels in the back? dale wheels will make it 2" wider vs honda wheels. 400ex hubs will increase the width maybe 1" total. you're gonna need the axle!

We got some Shamrock beadlocks with the same offset as Cdale rims. They were a gift from our friend who was in the accident at Boone.

Psychosis

#10 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by cdrookie

It's just about 3/4" on both sides. A little under prehaps but just about 3/4" so close to 1.5" total gain. Good if you decide to keep the stock front end but an axle is your only answer. Jctmotorsports has an LsR and RPM currently for like around $200 each that look in good shape so pm him if you need one.