Will honda houser +3's work???

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Ballistic Atv

Will honda houser +3's work???

#1 Post by Ballistic Atv »

Hey,
Would honda 400ex +3 houser long travel a-arms and elka quadrate shocks valved for 185 pounds work alright on a cannondale with a 185 pound rider?
Will there be any adverse handling effects?
If so, would I be able to fix that by getting the shocks revalved?
I need to know a.s.a.p because I am seriously considering buying that set up from someone.

Exodus

#2 Post by Exodus »

The shocks will work alright if there the right length. The handling, is a guess. Try it out and see, but if the suspension doesnt feel right, then the revalve should fix that. In a nut shell, when a company biulds shocks for a certain quad, they look at different measurements on the front end. They measure shock length, frame mount to bottom a-arm, and shock mount on the bottom arm to the frame. These measurements are used to valve the shocks. So, in effect, every 19 3/4 shock is the same, just the valving is changed to the quad, rider and skill level. Honda measurements are very close if not exact to the Cannondale. That is if the Honda is a 400ex, I'm not sure on the 450r and the 250r. But they should be very close as well. Are you buying Honda spindles and hubs to those arms? The Cannondales spindles arent compatiable with Honda Arms.

Ballistic Atv

#3 Post by Ballistic Atv »

I was not planning on buying the honda spindles, because I did not know if I needed them.
So the 400ex houser a-arms won't bolt up to my cannibal spindles?
Would I just have to switch spindles, or would I have to switch my steering stem also?

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

From what I have heard you would need to do the whole enchilada. Stem, spindles, and such. Granted when you are done you would have a readily accessible front end. It will however change the handling of your quad drastically. Not the exact same geometry from switching from the dale to the honda.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

You could also just buy the adapter bushings from Lonestar probably less than ten dollars.They convert our balljoint stud taper to the Honda taper.

Ballistic Atv

#6 Post by Ballistic Atv »

Derno,
What do you mean by change the handling drastically?
Is that in a good way or bad way?
What would be the "symptoms" of the bad handling if I did do this setup? Like bump steer etc?

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

I am trying to remember if the arms are forward or backward, but as far as how it handles I am not sure. I just know it will change the handling due to the arm positioning being changed.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

I think the EX arms are +1 compared to ours. I know that you just can't change out the spindle because of the geometry of the mounts vs. the tierods. I am not sure about just the arms. JEFF!! Are you there???!!!

Quadshop can answer this 100%.

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

All I remember was you could do it, but it had to be everything. Stem needed to change to due to tie rods clearing. I wish I could only remember who did this.