+1 Houser A-arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jacobw

#51 Post by jacobw »

quad_freak are you wanting to get rid of your elka 16" shocks if you want to tell me a little about them a pic and maybe a price

jacobw

#52 Post by jacobw »

hay dug how much more travel will you get out of a LT arm with 4:1 wheels with the standard 16 inch shock? I want a little more travel and but going with 19in shocks are high and not really cost effective for me when i am trying to spread my money around and get the most out of my money. Also for a long travel rear suspension how would you do that since cannondale dont have a linkage in the rear???

haydug

#53 Post by haydug »

I'm not sure how much travel you will gain (if any). You will be limited by your shocks. What you do gain is a better steering quad that ends up stock width. As a side benefit, if you ride some mx, and woods, keep a set of 3+2 wheels with 20" tires mounted on them for mx, and you will be around 48 inches like that.

jacobw

#54 Post by jacobw »

hay dug I run hare scrambles and my plan is to run 4:1 hyper carbon fiber wheels and +1 a arms with 16in elkas and I want to keep my ride hieght the same in the front the same as stock is this possible?

haydug

#55 Post by haydug »

yes, your ride height is controlled by the shocks. Be sure when you order your shocks to tell them you want stock ride height.

CptHook

#56 Post by CptHook »

Will these fit on my stock ohlins suspension? I have an 03 speed, If they do I will definiatley buy a set. Also, I have PRM a-arm skids, will they fit these a-arms or am I going to have to mod them a little to make them fit.

CptHook

#57 Post by CptHook »

And the link to buy them doesnt seem to be working for me, can I just order them over the phone from you doug?

CptHook

#58 Post by CptHook »

and Im an idiot because I didnt notice that the date for this started back in march, are any of these still left or available?

Ballistic Atv

#59 Post by Ballistic Atv »

I am pretty sure that they would work with your stock ohlins, because they are normal travel a-arms with the long travel ball joints. It will make your valving softer though because they are +1, so you may have to get your shocks re-valved.

haydug

#60 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by CptHook
And the link to buy them doesnt seem to be working for me, can I just order them over the phone from you doug?

What color would you want? I will talk with Houser about building some more, but it will all depend on them, I can not afford to sit 5 sets of these on my shelf at the moment.