what are blaze shocks worth front and rear?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
speedy911

what are blaze shocks worth front and rear?

#1 Post by speedy911 »

??????????

levi550

#2 Post by levi550 »

Depends,

Am I buying, or selling them?

speedy911

#3 Post by speedy911 »

decided to have the quadshop convert them. i hope they work awesome

CptHook

#4 Post by CptHook »

what is this conversion that I keep hearing about, what does it involve and how much does it cost?

CptHook

#5 Post by CptHook »

so Im assuming that since its ssd it will lower the quad?

CptHook

#6 Post by CptHook »

welp, scratch that idea lol, where I ride, I need all the ground clearance I can get

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by CptHook
welp, scratch that idea lol, where I ride, I need all the ground clearance I can get

It doesn't really give you less ground clearance, just lowers the suspension for better handling. It may lower the front a little, but your ground clearance is lowest at the rear swingarm and based on rear tire size, SSD won't effect that at all.

CptHook

#8 Post by CptHook »

so since its squatted a little, does that mean it will widen the front at all? Sorry for all the Qs but I want to get as much info about this SSD as possible before I go making plans for it. Also since he is adding another spring does that mean it will make it a dual rate? Can someone give me a ballpark of what this costs, I have no clue, like is it 100 or 500?

nsane

#9 Post by nsane »

The width increase by moving to something SSD isn't enough to really worry about.. basically go force your quad to the point where the arms are level and thats very close to the width you'll be looking at. The benefits of riding on an SSD style shock FAR outweigh the negatives of doing so for the vast majority of people.

Jeff can no doubt articulate how SSD works and what the differences in the shock feel would be between the two; as well as address the pricing question..but you'll no doubt be closer to 500 than 100. smile.gif