Fox Shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Psychosis

#1 Post by Psychosis »

Well my front end is sold and now I've been talking w/Frank and ATK about the Fox front end. Question though. Does everyone think it's worth it to pay that extra $300+ to get dual compression adjust. ATK model ones are single adjust but dual is available. MSRP on dual adjust front end combo is $2200 over the standard $1900. I've got money off of the kit but not a whole world. I've been searching online and seeing half and half about people's opinions on whether it is/will be worth it or not.

Just looking for some opinions and ideas for that. Frank claims that the a-arms they are using also is a new style just made from ASR that fit the geometry of the Fox 450R shocks they are being supplied with. Whether it's believable I am unsure, but that's the claim. Says they built new arms since Fox wouldn't custom build shocks.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

If you are racing or in really varied terrain, then I would definitely opt for 4 way adjustability (High/Low speed compression, Rebound, Preload). The great thing is that you can tune the high speed compression circuit specifically for your whoops sections or big landings, and your low speed adjustment can be tailored for the sweeping turns and switchbacks. This is especially helpful in the sand, so you can tune for sliding and jumping independently... More adjustability is always better.... James

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

If you can afford it dont skimp on suspension.Then again all who own Evo's with or without dual adjustment have all said they will not bottom out on big stuff so is there really a need for dual adjustment when Low speed is what you will be adjusting most?

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Cost isn't a huge deal, but again, it's still an extra $300. Will probably go w/the dual adjustments but still debating. Been told if I order before Friday I'll have in less than 2 weeks so we'll see. Buying so many parts though, so bills are racking up fast. Rebuilding three engines and 2 quads are now at the frame. Will probably be looking for a roller in the coming weeks to fit the 3rd engine and bring a parted one back to life.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I hear you.I think you will be happy either way with those shocks.

How about building a Bike?
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=18463

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

Been trying to order shocks for a few days to get them here and try out. Decided to go w/dual adjustment. Frank said his assistant would call me immediately to get the order in quick and that's been 3 days ago. Will still have photos and a ride report when they come in.

hnnblehscnnble

#7 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

2220 for only the front fox float x evol with dual adjust compression and rebound.im pretty sure they are only like 1499 tops .the single adjust are like 1299.not dogging but i wouldnt pay it.call houser and i got the part number if you need it.

Fash00

#8 Post by Fash00 »

QUOTE (hnnblehscnnble @ Mar 3 2007, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2220 for only the front fox float x evol with dual adjust compression and rebound.im pretty sure they are only like 1499 tops .the single adjust are like 1299.not dogging but i wouldnt pay it.call houser and i got the part number if you need it.

I may be wrong but i think hes including the price of the a-arms and all that in the $2200

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

Everything to bolt up is $2200. I'm not paying that b/c of a little contingency money, but that's what anyone else would pay.

The Fox's w/complete adjustments, high/low speed, rebound, etc, sell for $1599.

Psychosis

#10 Post by Psychosis »

Well this is quite strange. I'm offering to buy parts and ATK won't contact me now. After multiple responses last week I've tried calling and emailing after I was told they'd call me. They were supposed to call me last Thursday. I've heard nothing so called them and left a message yesterday. Still no response.

I'd like to get them in so I can get some parts back and start rebuilding. I can't even walk around in my apartment b/c of so much stuff right now.