Stainless Steel SOLID Swingarm Bolt Kit

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
JST

#21 Post by JST »

1 right here.

Canniboomer

#22 Post by Canniboomer »

A bolt I recently received from ATK is supposedly "NEW" but they actually sent me a take-off! without any discount or notice that they are sending out recycled parts!!!!!...obvious wear marks!, But hey, I am sure they will make it right, and review that sales policy....

But I also notice that the bolt appears to be relieved to a few-thousands smaller diameter in center section where motor makes contact? If designed that way intentionally, we should review the benefit, if any? -- you still have to drive the fatter end through anyway? Was this done to just make it a bit easier to install/remove?, or to retain more grease in the middle part? If so, I would instead prefer a "full-thickness" the entire bolt length (cheaper to make) and then just grease it well or anti-sieze before install. I want to know the bolt area within motor span is same tightness as the swingarm sections. :confused:

kdeal

#23 Post by kdeal »

I am not sure of the reason either for the slight recess in the areas you mentioned. Every bolt I have seen, including the factory solid ones, has the recess. If you want it the same thickness all the way through, that should not be a problem.

Does anyone else have any ideas or changes that they would like to see done on this? I am fluctuating back and forth on the thread pitch, in fact If I'm able to do both, I will. If I stick with the factory thread pitch, the Nylok nut will not be included in the kit.

Derno24

#24 Post by Derno24 »

I was talking stainless. It may not have been fastenal. I have bought some stuff through Boltdepot.com but they were alot more expensive.

Not to mention Fastenal doesn't list everything they have. Usually when I go in they have sveral different phone books of bolts and nuts.

kdeal

#25 Post by kdeal »

Derno,

Let me know what you find. I am definitely interested in M14x1.5 Stainless Nylok Nuts. I would take at least 20 if the price isn't too bad, but I need at least 10.

Thanks,
Ken

claas900

#26 Post by claas900 »

..I cant find nuts either...but here we cant use Titanium I wonder why that is?