250r conversion kit questions......

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
quadprorider

250r conversion kit questions......

#1 Post by quadprorider »

Anyone know how much just the 1 gallon aluminum gas tank is from walsh or haydug? If i could just buy the tank then I could build my own sub frame. Also, do the 250r conversion subframes mount on the inside of the mounting tabs on the frame? Thanks

Delaware152

#2 Post by Delaware152 »

Just break down and get one from Doug. His price is very reasonable for both and you don't have the headache of building one. I know you have the money!!

quadprorider

#3 Post by quadprorider »

WOW.......What up Mr.Jt? Hows life? Been meaning to talk to you about what you are doing for 250r kits...I guess haydugs? I guess I will have to give in and buy one soon but I need to rebuild my shocks first. Are you running the nationals this year? Matt and I are gonna run the florida race and then all the races after that. Nice hearing from you, Nick.

Delaware152

#4 Post by Delaware152 »

I am getting one from Doug. I am only going to do a few nationals this year. I don't have the funds and I can't get off work that much even if I did.

quadprorider

#5 Post by quadprorider »

Cool, I at least want to see you at a few races....But, which subframe kit are you getting? Aluminum? Chromoly? How much?

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

doug is building a aluminum one and unless you had a subframe to reverse engineer it to build another one it wouldnt be worth your time to try to build one for the 500-600 bucks they sell for!

quadprorider

#7 Post by quadprorider »

I have a sponsor that does cages for race cars and he said that he was up to it. He doesn't like to weld aluminum so that's why I am trying to find the price on just the tank.

jacobw

#8 Post by jacobw »

that cool you might be better off if you could get him one that he could look at and not have to figure out the full design and have something to work off of

Delaware152

#9 Post by Delaware152 »

Originally posted by quadprorider
Cool, I at least want to see you at a few races....But, which subframe kit are you getting? Aluminum? Chromoly? How much?

I am getting an aluminum one. If you want to take measurments of it or the walsh one it will cost you...the money will go to Doug to keep this site running. lol

quadprorider

#10 Post by quadprorider »

How much are the kits aluminum or steel? $500?