Shock Oil

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

I have noticed a trend.Elka shock oil is terrible.I cant say how old the stuff is I have been seeing but every single Elka the oil is really burned leaving a black coating on everything internally.I have not seen this anywhere near as bad on Ohlins,TCS,Custom Axis,MX Tech or any other make other than Arctic Cat stock mid grade snowmobile shocks.I need to stress how important freshening up your shocks is.The stuff is nasty once burned and carbon in oil will wear everything quickly.Not a very good pic but believe me it is pitch black.All others you would easily see bottom of resevoir even well past service life.

I would also like to put a little plug in for MX Tech.I have rebuilt some of thier conversions and do have to say they do alot.These others are not much more than springs added including PEP conversions.Guys are happy with MX Tech and they have done thier homework in valving.It is a different shock from them when done.Way to go I am impressed.(no pic of MX Tech unless they want one posted since they sponsor us)