TCS tripple rate shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
bestonearth

TCS tripple rate shocks

#1 Post by bestonearth »

I recently bought a set of triple rate standard travel TCS shocks for my cannibal and they were originally set up for 180-200lb. cross country racing. I ride mx and weigh 230lbs. Last time I went out to the track it seemed like I was hitting jumps much faster than usual and was coming up short on jumps. I was thinking i could tighten the springs up on the shocks and get more preload??, and i'm also bottoming out on some of the landings, if I turn the knob on the resevoirs, will this make them stiffer? Please give any suggestions, tips, or ideas.

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

that will help but you need to get them revalved for your riding style. xc valving and mx riding doesn't mix too well.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

I agree with rookie you need to have them resprung and revalved. xc is valved and sprung softer that is why you are bottoming out.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Make sure you get the "Arvins" valving....its the best for both!

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Flip the plastic spacer over between the spings. Turn the shock upside down and grab the big red collar and turn it while pulling down w/ the other hand on the big main spring... Now you can slide the springs off and flip over the plastic spacers.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by jesshamner
Make sure you get the "Arvins" valving....its the best for both!

or just call up the quad shop and see if jeff will trade you for some LT arvins with ressies.;)woops sorry, see if he has any standard travel quad rate arvins.