03' A-Arms vs. 02's

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Canniboomer

#11 Post by Canniboomer »

The V-shapes are probably stronger, yes... but both designs are strong enough -- although the clearance to shock springs on the V-shapes is very tight, and almost rubs the shockcovers. Also, you may want to drill a 1/4" drainhole in the bottom plate / lowpoint of the V-shapes, to prevent pocketing water and rust there. I drill them and give a shot of glossblack hammerite there.
As for offset wheels, does anyone really WANT to track narrower?

TheJaspMan

#12 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
The V-shapes are probably stronger, yes... but both designs are strong enough -- although the clearance to shock springs on the V-shapes is very tight, and almost rubs the shockcovers.  Also, you may want to drill a 1/4" drainhole in the bottom plate / lowpoint of the V-shapes, to prevent pocketing water and rust there.  I drill them and give a shot of glossblack hammerite there.
As for offset wheels, does anyone really WANT to track narrower?

Actually yes. I am already considering going to 4/1 fronts with stock arms for XC.

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

....got it, tks. Out here I am trying the opposite 2+3 for the dunes and an instant plus+1 each side. Are all of the 4/1's actually 4LB/1 large bell?, and would the large bells (if avail) clear our V-shapes? always learning here, tks.

TheJaspMan

#14 Post by TheJaspMan »

I don't think it would help. Jeff Stoess would probably have some experience with this issue. I think he likes to run narrower too.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Arens did build the 03 arms.They are lighter than the 02.Like was said clearance of shock and rims can be a problem.Swaybar will not fit unless a tab is welded on also.

speed_demon

#16 Post by speed_demon »

:confused: So which are which? The angled ones are the 03's?

jacobw

#17 Post by jacobw »

the angled ones are the 03's and the rounded end ones are 02' I dont know why you would have to worry about running offset wheels with stock arm you dont want to be any narrower than 46" anyway.

Happyboy

#18 Post by Happyboy »

I need to run offset with these stock arms. smile.gif

[img]http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=79825[/img]

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Allright I will bite.Where did you get those joints?

Happyboy

#20 Post by Happyboy »

Those are the same joints ASR uses for their upgraded bottoms. Big time pricey. http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...=&threadid=8698