250R Front End?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CannondaleRider

250R Front End?

#1 Post by CannondaleRider »

I think a remember hearing somewhere that you can use a 250R(maybe it was 400EX) front end, as long as you have the Arms, Spindles, and the whole deal.

Is this true, or am I going crazy again.

If this is true, I may be able to ride safely without having to buy new arms(for a while:) )

Krash will know what i'm hinting at:deal:

EDIT: now that I think about it, if it worked I may not be able to save THAT much, I would have to get Spindles, Hubs, Rotors, and Calipers:confused: who knows

Cdale_racer_669

#2 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i think they fit, but the angle for something is all screwy:eek:

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

I know they fit(krash did it) but with JUST the arms you get a very bad result
I wasn't sure if the WHOLE front end would be ok or not

Cdale_racer_669

#4 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

there was something u had to do to make it work right, some knowitall will post:hammer:

cdaleracer52

#5 Post by cdaleracer52 »

my friend just ordered gibson from K&K and gibson doesn't make dale a arms so he just ordered 400ex gibson a arms with dale ball/heim joints.

Exodus

#6 Post by Exodus »

You have to use everything off the 250r. The only thing that may not work is the tie rods. They are long I think, I cant remember. I do know you have to have the whole front end. The Dale spindles are quite a bit different than the hondas. The more I think about it, there more I now its the tierods that need attention. You can go the other way to, Dale front end on a Honda, I think that was the first front end swap I seen.

CannondaleRider

#7 Post by CannondaleRider »

So, say I was able to borrow a set of 250R +3 LT arms(with tie rods) and I bought everything else. would it work?

cdaleracer52

#8 Post by cdaleracer52 »

we will find out when we install it this week lol ill post some pics its gonna look pretty bad a$$ ... if it works. I dont think K&K would lie to us just to sell a product, they make enough money.

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

The 400ex ball joint angle is different, if you use the 400 spindles, it becomes managable, but not ideal. It also moves the wheels 1" to the front, which causes steering issues. The 250r is also different than the dale. Yes, these parts may bolt on your bike, but that doesn't make them right. As for K&K, I won't touch that one. But, if it doesn't steer right, try and return it and see what answer you get.

CannondaleRider

#10 Post by CannondaleRider »

Are those stock spindles?

I know 250R arms and Dale Spindles dont mix(ask krash), but i still dont know about the WHOLE front end