Adjusting Rear Fox Shock

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
coolhuh

Adjusting Rear Fox Shock

#1 Post by coolhuh »

On my 03 cannibal I have a Fox shock on the rear, how do you adjust them and are they any good. My first ride on them i was not very impressed.
Also while I was at the dunes when I tried to turn the front end just wanted to continue forward. It had the turning radius of a 70 Lincoln Continental. I have Arvins up front and stock a-arms.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

JST

#2 Post by JST »

ARVINS:wow

jfarrar

#3 Post by jfarrar »

im not sue you can adjust it other than preload.i have never seen one though.as far as your pushing in corners that could be tire selection.what kind of tires do you have front and rear.is your frontend in alignment?i also noticed the dale needs alot more rider input in the turns than a steel chassis quad due to the the rigid chassis.in a turn a honda or yamaha will flex a little allowing the inner rear wheel to break traction and relieve the tendency to push the front.the dale frame is alot more rigid and you must put alot more weight to the outside peg to get this same effect.

coolhuh

#4 Post by coolhuh »

This occurs while I am at the dunes, I have the stock holeshots with about 5lbs air in the front and sand star sand tires for the rear. My tie rod ends are worn out, I have new ones ready to put on.

Thanks

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I really havent ridden in big dunes yet but with my paddles on which are straight the quad wants to go straight only.I think thats why they made those paddles that are angled so you can turn.It also makes it hard to turn when the front wheels arent touching the ground.Maybe lean forward and to the side you are turning.

coolhuh

#6 Post by coolhuh »

I have the V paddles and have ridden the dunes for years on Jap bikes, they turn really well. Some reason I can not get my Cannibal to turn very good.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Could be toe is off....does the bearing move smooth when you have the front end off the ground?

coolhuh

#8 Post by coolhuh »

The front end does look a little out of alignment, and the bearing does feel smooth.