a arms?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
dsracer666

a arms?

#1 Post by dsracer666 »

I'm not looking to buy soon I just wanted some feed back!

herrmann- looks good, good price!

walsh- proven, but expensive!

houser- proven, price in the middle!

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

i'd say go with the housers. the needle bearings will ,IMO, out last the heim joints and i've given them the "run real fast into a tree, see if i can bend them test". they're not as trick looking as the others but they are definately strong.

jfarrar

#3 Post by jfarrar »

housers definetly.walsh has way to many heims wich wear fast and are shear points.kinda scary.plus his hardware isnt even metric and none of the bolts fit snug in the holes so they will want to wobble out fast if anything should loosen up.
havent personally seen the hermann but heard of a few fitment problems.
my housers have been going 3yrs strong being tortured every ride.trees , cartwheels you get the picture

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by cdrookie
i'd say go with the housers. the needle bearings will ,IMO, out last the heim joints and i've given them the "run real fast into a tree, see if i can bend them test". they're not as trick looking as the others but they are definately strong.

I'll testify to Rookies crash test. I was very impressed! So much I went out and got my own!

quadprorider

#5 Post by quadprorider »

I have had my Walsh a-arms for a while now with NO problems. I have flipped it many times without any "shear points" breaking. I have also found that NONE of my bolts or nuts have EVER came loose and everything fits perfect and snug. All of my heims are in perfect condition with absolutely no wear, its just called "maintenance". Lets just say you get what you pay for.....quality. IMO

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Housers or Herman getting the geometry perfect with heims for lower arms is a pain as in the walsh.Dont know of anyone who adjusts the lowers once set right so why have a Heim at frame mounts for lower?

jfarrar

#7 Post by jfarrar »

Originally posted by quadprorider
I have had my Walsh a-arms for a while now with NO problems. I have flipped it many times without any "shear points" breaking. I have also found that NONE of my bolts or nuts have EVER came loose and everything fits perfect and snug. All of my heims are in perfect condition with absolutely no wear, its just called "maintenance". Lets just say you get what you pay for.....quality. IMO

im glad you like them

Delaware152

#8 Post by Delaware152 »

Originally posted by quadprorider

I thought you just bought this bike a few months ago and the weather has been bad so not been riding much. I thought you have to ride fast in order to crash hard. I have Walsh arms and I got a season on them and the heims are still good...no problems. There were on the bike when I purchased it and I have to agree there are a pain to set up but once they are they work well. Farrar...Don't take quadprorider wrong...he means well but he is learning.

quadprorider

#9 Post by quadprorider »

Sorry for being a jerk and all but I like my Walsh a-arms alot. I have had the bike for a few months now and I have ridden it about 8 times and wrecked 3 times. I guess I'm not fast enough to wreck and break something....:confused: But then again you have to remember how fat I am.:w:

Delaware152

#10 Post by Delaware152 »

Quadprorider...Rode 8 times and wrecked 3. That's not a good ratio...slow down and you will go faster. lol