Kenda Dune Runner Paddles

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
ATKnewbie

Kenda Dune Runner Paddles

#1 Post by ATKnewbie »

Does anyone out there have any experience with these tires?
I am looking at buying a set of paddles and have found these, they are very inexpensive for a straight blade.
Everything I have read about Kenda has been positive, but have not been able to find any reviews of this tire.

coolhuh

#2 Post by coolhuh »

The Dune Runner is an inexpensive sand tire. If you are going to the dunes a few times and do not want to spend much money they are fine. If you plan on riding alot there I would not recommend them. They are a straight paddle, molded tire and the paddles are not very deep, meaning not the best hook up like other paddles. Kendas in general are a good tire.
The sand stars are a good alternative. They are a v-paddle with good hook up in the sand and a reasonable price. Depending on where you live you can get a set of 10" for around $160 on sale.
If you want straight paddles you are going to have to pay good $$$ for a set.
Check ebay, sometimes you can get a good deal, just watch shipping prices.

ATKnewbie

#3 Post by ATKnewbie »

Thanks.
I have not been to the dunes yet, but the guys I will be running with are all saying that I have to get straight blade tires, but reading these boards everyone is saying that the Sand Stars are good tires as well.
I am guessing I will spend about half my time drag racing my buddies 450r and built 400EX, the other 50% will just be running around and jumping.
Sounds like the Sand Stars are the way to go.

moto440

#4 Post by moto440 »

yep ebay almost always has good deals on them, i have never heard anything about them but i have never been to the dunes either, would love to though, the sand tires i bought were for racing snowmobiles on my 400ex!! they worked great too, i got sand sharks of ebay for it

speed_demon

#5 Post by speed_demon »

Sand Stars are a great all around tire, they provide good hook-up and still let you turn very easily. I like them a lot better than my old San Gecko's. You won't be disappointed.