pep shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
bestonearth

pep shocks

#1 Post by bestonearth »

does anyone have any experience with pep shocks, i am getting houser +3's and am wanting to run PEP shocks. Also what do they cost for front and rear. I am going to be racing b-class motocross and i weigh 230lbs. so i need a very good set of shocks. Please give me some info.

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

$1800 and about 2-3 month wait

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

the shocks are awesome. i too weigh 230 and have +3 houser's with the pep zps shocks front and rear set-up for mx and dunes.the wait time sucks to get them though. check with pep or baldwin motorsports.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I really like them also.Advice:Get them done by Wayne the owner it is worth wait.Also if there is a National MX race go there bring your shocks find the Baldwin trailer and look for Wayne he has thinning curly black hair.Talk to him and butter him up a bit then give him your shocks if getting converted.Have a sheet ready with your weight,class,a-arm type,swingarm length and type of riding you do.No guarantees but I have gotten shocks done and to my house in one week using this method.Either way Wayne is a great guy to talk to and a National is something you need to go see anyhow.Wayne works on shocks at nationals out of the Baldwin trailer but if you send shock to Baldwin they probably wont be done by Wayne.

bestonearth

#5 Post by bestonearth »

what are the different options for their long-travel shocks, i am looking for something near their top-of-the line long travels (like elka elites of elka) ?

cdalepilot

#6 Post by cdalepilot »

pep zps with large cans

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Dont let all the fancy add ons of others sway your decision in buying shocks.You will need to call Wayne or talk to him he wont sell you something you dont need.Also ask him about converting your rear Ohlins.I bet he will tell you to go that route rather than buying his PEP rear.Save you money.

bestonearth

#8 Post by bestonearth »

i have the fox rear, you think they could do anything with it?

Delaware152

#9 Post by Delaware152 »

Originally posted by RACER101
Don't wast your time with Baldwin I still have a set on order. He told me 6 weeks and now we are on week 28, so if you want to ride this year go buy something else. I had a new set of Ohlins LT built with High and low speed comp & rebound adj. I had them in 7 days. Check him out www.propilotracing.com

He also carries other brands ask give him a call tell in your concerns. Ask for Jim. Tell him Kenny Campbell told you to call and you ride a C-dale.

My Ohlins  built by Pro Pilot Racing are up to par with my Axis hands down!

Or you can have my pep zps when they come in?

I have a set ordered from Baldwin and should have them tomorrow. I ordered them 1/21 and thought I had a long wait but I guess it could have been alot worse.

KYmxracer52

#10 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I ordered PEP for my old R I had a couple year ago, and had to wait 6 months to get them. They are very good shocks, but so are others with only 2 wks wait.