Rear Axle Bearing Carrier

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Canniboomer

#11 Post by Canniboomer »

Great pics!, and good tips!

I have not worried (until now!) about the bearings I have been selling, as they are premium Made in Japan, and cost me 50% more than some others. I have figured the better quality steel is well worth it, compared to the Chinese bearings in the All-Balls, Moose, and other kits.

Now, after plucking off a few seals, I am very happy to confirm there is also plenty of grease inside!
Compared to the pictured bearings above, these seals are wider, and rest on the rabbeted inner race of the bearing, for a better seal....... anyway, these are $11.50 each, and after this exercise, I certainly intend to keep stocking them!

UpsMan

#12 Post by UpsMan »

The one in my picture is Pivot Works. There must be a grease shortage in China. Haydug, I like your idea. Where is the best place to put the zerk?

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

LOL UpsMan,
you know?... I see now that the Pivot Works bearings only have 13 balls!

The Made-Japan bearings show 14 ball-bearings with closer spacing (higher load rating).

If there is no Country of Origin stamped on the bearing, you can bet they are from China.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

The grease in the carrier idea works great but from experience I wouldnt suggest it for a quad that runs in low temps. Since the housing will be totally packed with grease you will get an incredible amount of drag in cold weather because it will drag against the center tube. . If you use a lightwieght synthetic grease it might not be so bad. The semifluid would be a good choice there to.

SlOoT

#15 Post by SlOoT »

We have installed SKF bearings, the best you can get. And also installed a thingy to pump grease into the carrier. I hope they will last long because those bearings costed 54 euro's a piece...