Suspension help

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CDaleChick

#11 Post by CDaleChick »

I have messed with the settings some and it doesnt affect the ride height at all. It still is jacked way up... thats a big problem and also the rebound is awful too. I just havent seen it really help no matter what setting I have it on...
I definitely dont have the money to send it to a shop who will charge me full price. How much would this shop charge? Im about to have to go to local businesses to see if theyll start sponsoring me with some cash bc theres no way i can afford a shop to do my suspension.
My racing buddies just call the shocks I have a pile of trash bc they say I might as well take them off and ride without them the way they perform out on the track. Sometimes one front tire will be up in the air and the other on the ground and the front end just looks wrong.

jacobw

#12 Post by jacobw »

sounds like to you ned to soften the compession and harden the rebound the vavling may be all too stiff for you even though they have vavled it. try softening the comp and turning the reb adjuster clockwise that will harden it and make it rebound slower I would go full hard and go from there and on the comp go about 5 clicks from full soft and go from thier:)

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by CDaleChick
I have messed with the settings some and it doesnt affect the ride height at all. It still is jacked way up... thats a big problem and also the rebound is awful too. I just havent seen it really help no matter what setting I have it on...
I definitely dont have the money to send it to a shop who will charge me full price. How much would this shop charge? Im about to have to go to local businesses to see if theyll start sponsoring me with some cash bc theres no way i can afford a shop to do my suspension.
My racing buddies just call the shocks I have a pile of trash bc they say I might as well take them off and ride without them the way they perform out on the track. Sometimes one front tire will be up in the air and the other on the ground and the front end just looks wrong.

Would really like to see some close up pics.Who did the shocks?Derno gave out some really good advice there.Propilot has beendoing Ohlins for a long time and must have a really good knowledge of what to do.Noleens also does really good work.Try getting sponsorship out of those guys.You never know.If that fails I will help you but you probably wouldnt get the best job unless I get lucky as far as valving and spring choices unless you put them back to stock.

ronnoc47

#14 Post by ronnoc47 »

I have the same ssd set up on the stock moto ohlins that you have cdalechick. I tried adjusting everything to lower the ride height but nothing worked. I then notice that the top crossover spring was only compressing a little bit, then the crossover spacer would take over. So what I did was machine (cut) the top of the spacer down 1/4 inch. you leave just enough spacer so the spring dosen't bottom out on itself. This really helped out a lot. My quad rides lower plus it dosen't rebound as fast.

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by CDaleChick

I know it is gonna cost money, but unfortunately it is part of racing. Their website is www.propilotracing.com I would give them a call and find out pricing.

The reason for telling you to revalve and respring is it would be the cheapest route and the best solution and will definitely give you what you are looking for.

toothandnail

#16 Post by toothandnail »

Your ride ht. is only controlled by the springs ,you need to adjust the collars on the top of the springs , up lowers ,down raises ride ht. not to hard to figure out if you study it and adjust to see the results. As for rebound and comp. turn clickers all the way one direction push down front end ,then pickup quickly , is rebound fast or slow, turn clickers opposite way, try again it should be opposite i.e. fast-slow or slow-fast. If no change somebody left out some pieces:( during rebuild. comp is the same one way should push down easily the other way much stiffer.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

It kind of sounds like the collars have been removed.Sure would like to see a pic of the things.

Craig_C

#18 Post by Craig_C »

Now....not to start any poo, and Im not dealing with Moto shocks either....but I have SSD on my Blaze Ohlins and they work awsome...they dont bounce. But....I know Im dealing with a totally different set up here.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

It may be just a matter of adjustments.Need more info to say for sure.

RXM

#20 Post by RXM »

Springs are going to effect ride height not your external adjustments. You can try and take some preload out. This will lower the quad some. At the same time this will take away spring force and change your rebound and compression valving. You can only go so far before you run out of external adjustment. Who did the SSD conversion? Have you contacted them about your problem?

Erik@ Rated X