Ohlins or Axis?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Mjollnir

#11 Post by Mjollnir »

She'll have a good home, Ryan. :usa

theJeStEr1340

#12 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

So any input?

Mjollnir

#13 Post by Mjollnir »

Sorry for hijacking the thread, Jester. I would first ask if you are happy with your current setup. If you are, why mess with a good thing?

Marc

theJeStEr1340

#14 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Def. not happy with them they aren't valved for my weight. I was just hoping someone would give me some pro's and cons on SSd and non SSD. I think I am going to go with the Axis, either way they will need a rebuild.

jwheat

#15 Post by jwheat »

Send them off to Jim at Pro-Pilot Suspension and get them set up for your weight and riding style. You will be completely satisfied with them then.

theJeStEr1340

#16 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I am going with the Axis. I can get them freshened up and my rear done by Legacy ATV which is somewhat local and a quick turn around.

jwheat

#17 Post by jwheat »

Jim at Pro-Pilot had mine back to me in a less than a week and a half total time including shipping both ways. The price was very reasonable and the results were outstanding. I intentonally overshot a sixty foot tabletop last Friday while practicing just to see if they would handle it, and they soaked it up. I've overshot that same tabletop before by accident before I redid my shocks and it was quite a jolt.

theJeStEr1340

#18 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Well, got to ride the shocks at Birch Creek this weekend, Awsome. The rebound was a little fast on some jumps, but perfect on others, I way just turn the rebound up 1 on the rear to see if that levels it off. The shocks seem a little soft when just riding, but I hit a large table top too fast, but not fast enough and it shot me high, but I flat landed it and I thought I was in for a ride but was very pleasently surprised when it didn't even bottom. I also cased a double and didn't really phase me.

Blazinmoto

#19 Post by Blazinmoto »

Glad to see they are working out for you. Hope you keep the dale cause the moment you sell you will miss it!!!