Fox Evol Questions

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
2000ex

#11 Post by 2000ex »

27 Thanks for your help.

I contacted Fox and spoke with a Justin who works with Shane and he said that they are unable to disclose what they are working on and to try and find an application that may work. I was sort of surprised at the response and really dont feel like plunking down $1300 on a set of shocks that are not properly setup for my application.

He said he is going to check into it for me. Essentially I just would need to get him the measurements off the machine and they can get the proper extended length, stroke, and eye width to fit. I also emailed 4strokemadman and he is going out to Fox next week and do some investigating for me.

speed2424

#12 Post by speed2424 »

I have a set of the shocks on one of my quads now. Let me know what arms are you running on yours.

2000ex

#13 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (speed2424 @ Oct 28 2006, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a set of the shocks on one of my quads now. Let me know what arms are you running on yours.

I will be running Houser +3's on my race machine

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

hnnblehscnnble

#15 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

hey i just put a post on cannondaler.com regarding these shocks.i have a buddy who has them on his 450r with the fox podium x rear shock and it is an amazing setup.im running houser arms so the part number you gave should work perfectly then.i just wanted to say thanks for the info and you saved me some time and effort.

kyle

Sandstorm

#16 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Nov 11 2006, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow amd their selling them at the super low low low wacko.gif price of retail..

UpsMan

#17 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Nov 15 2006, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow amd their selling them at the super low low low wacko.gif price of retail..

Do you think you should pay wholesale?

Sandstorm

#18 Post by Sandstorm »

No. Since there are many other options out for LT front ends you'd think they come off of retail. Retail is nothing more then being ripped off no matter what you buy in todays world.. It's a guide for retailers to discount from, nothing more nothing less....

UpsMan

#19 Post by UpsMan »

Call up your local ATK dealer and I'm sure he can get you a good deal. Whats that you say? You don't have a local ATK dealer? Nobody does. That is a big problem when you are trying to get deals on parts. I'm seriously considering getting back into jap quads just so I can get parts discounts.

2000ex

#20 Post by 2000ex »

Called up Fox again today and it looks like they are producing them OEM for ATK and that is the only place you can get that exact setup designed for our bikes.

He said try calling back at athe beginning of the year and they may have something for the aftermarket. I would think if they get enough calls for them that they have the specs, why not release them for aftermarket?

I guess I can understand...this would be like calling Showa and asking them how you can buy 450R shocks