New LT A-Arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Fullflight doesnt even give a contact number and when asked for shock specs says they will fit.Looks to me like thier a-arms are for standard not longtravel.

Canniboomer was discussed pros and cons of Hiems.I prefer uppers with hiems for the adjustability of camber and caster.

Psychosis

#12 Post by Psychosis »

I'm off to work now but have all of the information from contact numbers, shop info, experience, etc that I'll post up tonight. They are making arms for every sport quad out right now but in early stages of development. The C'Dale arms will be some of the first.

As for which shock length: I've heard a lot talking about Fox shocks, and quite a few have Moto shocks. Figured that would be a good base to run off of. Not to mention that they will be cheaper b/c they are copying a design and modifying it a little rather than completely starting from scratch. This method is faster and lowering the price.

The upper joints are heims for more adjustability and the lowers are bushings to give more side load pull or something like that I was told. Each one and each tie rod end will have grease zerks on them as well. The ASR stuff is crap and they didn't even want to put stuff like that on their arms so they got better quality parts.

And if a sponsor wants to take care of this then please just say so. I'm sure they'll work w/you: Boomer, Black Widow, etc. I didn't think that was necessary but anything can be done.

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

Steve, why is there drama? Because of fly-by-night outfits that have built products, only to dis-appear later.
Have these arms been tested? By who? How long?

I can appreciate what you are doing. However, what I can also see happening is someone will buy them and something go wrong (either they just don't like them, or they have a problem) and then they will attack you. They will think you are personally accountable, even though all you done was turn them onto a good deal. As for the statement about going to one of the sponsors, here is my take:
Say Brad buys 5 sets, and Boomer buys 5 sets. Now the manufacturer has 10 sets sold for sure. He won't get burnt out by empty promises of "I want a set" only to not have the cash when they are finished (remember rated-x?). Now, if Brad and Boomer both are investing in these to sell, my guess is they would order several sets of bushings and balljoints to stock, just in case of a failure for one of their customers. They way it looks now, if I buy a set, and break somthing this weekend, I need to contact you, who contacts the builder, who may or may not have the stuff in stock. Anyway, rant over. I'm sure I've pissed in C27's cheerio's over this for some reason anyway.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Haydug,Well that would be wonderful IF it were psychosis CHOICE.Which thankfully it still is.He should get credit for going through with this.So he decides to pass all info on to one of the site sponsors.Wonderful they get to make a profit and not him?Both make a profit?Sounds like price of these a-arms just went up since now there is two middlemen involved.Oh but we are paying for the guarantee that if things go wrong our wonderful site sponsors will take care of everything?Really?Haydug is correct in saying it doesnt pay to get all excited till proper testing and service record is established.If Timbo would have said it I wouldnt have said a word and known best intentions were there.Just floors me to hear something like that from Haydug its like wow now he must really care about us.Give me a break!Haydug the thought of someone of your reputation moderating and looking out for us is really a nauseating thought for me.It will take awhile for me to believe that.

claas900

#15 Post by claas900 »

Like Doug said this could turn into one of those I want one, then time comes to pay and you get a bunch of no shows. I think a deposit is the best way for theses things, that way no one has to sit on 5 sets.
I do kind of worry about quality with theses, Though I have ASR????????s I wouldn????????t call them junk but for the price wasn????????t to bad. But like Dave was saying about the heims rubbing the frame I saw that from the get go and ground them down a little no biggie. I repowder coated them right off the bat also so cant really speak about it flaking off.

I also think a lot of aftermarket arms are way over built. And that just adds weigth. Arms are easy to replace a frame isnt.

jwheat

#16 Post by jwheat »

I agree with Haydug on this. I think it should be either offered through the site sponsors (my personal choice) or Timbo should set it up through the Cannondaleriders store. Nothing against Psychosis, I just think it would be better for everyone involved to have it go through a site sponsor.

Besides the above sentiment, our site rules say that anyone advertising a product like this HAS to go through a site sponsor, or become a site sponsor, or have Timbo offer it through the Cannondaleriders store.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool we all agree on something.

haydug

#18 Post by haydug »

Maybe Psychosis should be rewarded and given a set of free arms for doing this.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

That would be nice.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Only thing that I'm not sure on is the spindle. I was told that the spindle will need to be reamed out if not 14mm and I'm not sure the exact size on them. The only size available in the ball joint style being used is that, so can anyone check the spindles for me to see if that works or would need modification?

Reaming is a great idea and better than any adaptive sleeves.Just be sure the 14mm is the small end of taper otherwise we will only be reaming a small portion of our original taper.I also would feel better having someone else measure thiers to confirm or correct my measurements since I only used a calipers to measure this.