Just asking

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Sand_Blaster

#11 Post by Sand_Blaster »

From what I understand Fullbore only makes the plastic if someone wants a set. They don't stock up on them.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

I did run a 250r axle for awhile but the hubs are needed and I remember we had to do something else to use it.I believe we needed to use the 250r locknut and use a spacer.

Sand_Blaster

#13 Post by Sand_Blaster »

What about aluminum tie-rods? Can we get those?

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

I had some, I think they came from asr. I think they were aluminum, anyway. Any remotely competent machinist could make some for you, tie rods are pretty simple.

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

You want tierods? Just tell me and I can have you a set made up in less than a week. smile.gif Most of this stuff is easy. You want a new durablue axle? Got that too. smile.gif I have way too much stuff.

It really isn't all that bad out there. The hardest thing to find are the items for XC racers. +1 LT now thats a hard one to get. MX, tons of stuff.

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

[quote name='UpsMan' date='Sep 7 2007, 10:19 PM' post='177593']
Aftermarket for dales is really drying up. I could have cried when lonestar quit making stuff. But, at least Moto axles are still readily available from Brad. Right? By the way, my lonestar is bent, again.
[/quote
Aftermarket companies are not big fans of Dales anyway due to the fact that most aftermarket parts dont really perform as good as stock parts. Your better off upgrading to stock parts in most cases.

UpsMan

#17 Post by UpsMan »

It doesn't sound like the stock moto a-arms were much to write home about(ball joints popping out?), but the axles sound pretty tuff.

Happyboy

#18 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Sep 8 2007, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't sound like the stock moto a-arms were much to write home about(ball joints popping out?), but the axles sound pretty tuff.

??? your nuts....put new ball joints in and your set. They are as good as any aftermarket arm out there. People just equate quality with price. Stock parts are stock and therefore not as good. Thats just plain stupid thinking.

UpsMan

#19 Post by UpsMan »

Leave my nuts alone, queer eye. By the way, if that is true, I wouldn't mind having a set. I was under the impression from searching through old posts, that the ball joints would come apart and replacing them helped but blah blah blah, its been awhile since I was researching them. If they really are just as good and reliable and durable, I wouldn't mind using them.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Moto A-arms suck!Anyone who has any inkling of handling would tell you they got them wrong.