honda suspension

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah my bad Steve. I read it but I guess it didn't click the first time. I would still use the whole setup so you have all the adjustability. I can't imagine those spindles being that weak. Could be I guess. I don't know of anyone that has tried the 450r suspension. Anyone want to try?

wayneschofield

#12 Post by wayneschofield »

Has anyone got a DS450 we could borrow a bottom arm off? I had a quick measure at a show and they don't look far off. Just thinking an easily replaced, stock part, would be better than custom Ti ones if I bend one......

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Now that would be a really worthy swap!They did thier homework on the front end of that DS450.I rode one couple days ago and it feels great.

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Jan 13 2008, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know of anyone that has tried the 450r suspension. Anyone want to try?

It will not work. The bottom a-arm mounts are about an inch further apart on the 450r.

peterock

#15 Post by peterock »

LOL, Yeah Roger has probably scoped out every part he can steal off Jenny's quad.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Ask Mydreamride he used 450r shocks but his a-arms and the shocks are modded.Really as far as the shocks go most important measurement is from top eyelet center to the endcap.Rest can be modded pretty easy.If length is to short frame will hit ground Like 400ex shocks on a Cannondale.

UpsMan

#17 Post by UpsMan »

I noticed that he used those shocks. I think they would be nice to build a set of a-arms around, since they are so plentiful and easy to get. I have a set of them that were re-worked by gt thunder.

UpsMan

#18 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (peterock @ Jan 13 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, Yeah Roger has probably scoped out every part he can steal off Jenny's quad.

I'm going after her exhaust system soon!

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Keep an eye on Cdale55 and Wistech they have a exhaust swap that is going to knock your socks off.Going to be a must have if it works as it looks like it should.

So far Cdale55's testing of the stock dale Fox/Other make rebound,compression rear shock has gone well.

UpsMan

#20 Post by UpsMan »

Are you saying I should hang on to my elka with the remote resi? I can't imagine Wistech making an exhaust that would be quiet enough to use anywhere but the dyno chamber. I hope he does though, because I need an exhaust for the real world that flows good. And lasts more than a week. Good luck and keep up the good work everyone!