are all dale steering stems the same??

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

If you can get that one straight you can move the bottom plate to match the correct ones. Wistech does it to all his stems. Give him a ring if you need help. Also, I will have a new +1" Houser stem for sale very shortly if you are interested. It's been installed in a quad but not run.

speed 450mx

#12 Post by speed 450mx »

We have four motos and out that only one had the stright stem and we bought one brand new out of the crate and it had the one with the 45 on the bars. So I dont think all motos got the straight one from the factory to begain with I really think the 03 bikes were the ones that got the stright ones and some late 02 maybe.

moto440

#13 Post by moto440 »

sent you a pm kdeal, and i tried to press it out but i couldnt get the bend out before it started to smash so junk it becomes and i guess i will be looking for a new one sometime maybe that houser you have !

NRath

#14 Post by NRath »

Straightening that will be difficult because, as you'd expect, it's hollow. You'll have to put something in the middle of the bend to press against, when you do, it'll leave the tube obrounded. It's actually already obround most likely from when it bent.

Moto, you just missed a thread about different stems. I'm surprised Jess did. This is the stem thread

I don't think Wistech is cutting/grinding/welding his stems. He's just getting replacements of the vintage he likes. I've been looking at it and it wouldn't be a simple job. I'm thinking about cutting the bottom off a bent one and welding it to the top of an older one and maybe going plus one with it. Honestly, it's more work than it's worth! To actually remove and reweld the bottom plate would be a doozy.

moto440

#15 Post by moto440 »

thanks for the thread hookup, and hopefully now a nice houser stem is coming my way soon then the quad can start becoming a complete machine again, i still havent ridden it since i got it!! heard it runs for 10 minutes or so and thats it!!!

and i just figured i would give the press a shot i have bent a few 400ex stems back!! if it saves a few bucks what the heck , at least with certain parts

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

I bent a houser back no problem.