stiff front suspension

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
rayspeed

#11 Post by rayspeed »

Just saw it now...will get them on the way tomorrow.
Ray

kevin444

#12 Post by kevin444 »

awsome! went riding again this weekend at the local dunes / rock, and cant wait to try these out. if they come close to 20-25% softer they gotta make a world of a difference. let my buddies take it for a few spins and they cant belive how ahrdof a ride it is....i seriously mean it is night / day from my dale and "any" other quad i've ridden. postive side is nothing but good talk about the engine and looks, just way to stiff. got loose last week and dragged my right leg / foot under the paddles for 50ft or so in dune trails....no damage!

thanks again....really hoping this soften things up

kevin

rayspeed

#13 Post by rayspeed »

They are on the way fedex ground tracking number 039884510165884 you should have them possibly by the end of the week.
Remember if they work for you I will be needing your springs sent for trade!
Ray

kevin444

#14 Post by kevin444 »

ray,

great; will be looking forward to trying them out. i will happily send mine as a trade or send you money for the springs alone. i will probably just end up send you some loot in case i want a stiffer spring for later use. I will be in touch once i get a chance to try them out.

thanks,

Kevin

kevin444

#15 Post by kevin444 »

ray,

got them around 10 and was riding by 11 in the vegas dunes / desert...."aka APEX". put about 3hrds of ride time on them . i was hopping they would be a little softer, but they did in deed make a difference. i think whom ever had this quad before had the Ohlins re-valved, when i had them off the were stiff, really stiff. so, i may have them softened up by someone either locally or from someone on here.....is the shock doc whom i would need to speak with? how much does something like that cost usually? if i decide to keep my Ohlins, you wanted 20, right? paypal?

thanks again,

Kevin

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

They may have been revalved.All the Ohlins like you have other than the Glamis ones I have always valved stiffer and sprung lighter.Usually when a lighter spring is used they bottom pretty easy especially in whoops.They also use alot of gas pressure so when pushing on them they do feel stiff but thats really not a good indicator of how it works.It could be that the stiff ride is actually because your bottoming them.Take a zip ti and put it on the shock shaft tightly,cut the end off and slide zip ti all the way up,go for a ride and see where zip ti ends up.If its tight against bumpstop it means you were bottoming.

kevin444

#17 Post by kevin444 »

i'm going take her out again tomorrow, and will try your test. i really dont think she is bottoming out just way too stiff, if i push down on the front end i dont get much movement at all. 27, what would your re-valving run me? as mentioned before i now live in the desert "came from maimi ,fl", and would prefer a smoother ride as you could imagine.

thanks for your imput......

Kevin

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

$30 each.But like I said I never valved them softer before so you would be guinea pig!Will do revalves if your not happy after for cost of shipping and valve shims though.

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

Steve, all you will have to do is return it to stock glamis settings. They should be near perfect for his weight. I'm going to give the arvins springs a try on mine this weekend. I'll let you know how they do in all riding conditions except dunes. But my stock glamis ohlins ran great for me in some of the roughest xc races out there and I way the same as kevin444.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Problem with that is every single valve is different on the Glamis shocks.They are $5 or so each!They are triangle shaped with small holes in them so I cant use regular shims which I have plenty of.I converted 1 regular speed to a Glamis for Canniboomer and it was almost a $100 by time all shims were bought if I remember right.