+1 or Stock Width LT Front End

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
sjstar

#11 Post by sjstar »

yea its always fun to build things and play around with what you got. Teixiera has a good price too and prob the way ill be going. http://www.teixeiratech.com/products.asp?cat=1

2000ex

#12 Post by 2000ex »

Teixiera is a great choice provided you are buying the shocks to match, or happen to have a 20.75 inch shock lying around.

I had looked at them a while ago and they looked awesome, however it would have entailed buying another pair of custom length shocks...or lengthening the ones I had which were pretty costly. I decided to stick with my Walsh arms instead.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Dec 6 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think what wistech is saying, is that if you take shocks made for +2 arms, put them on standard arms, they'll be way to stiff because the leverage ratio is way different. Yes, you are moving the mounts, so they'll fit, but the springs won't allow the shock to compress the same. I assume you want this for xc, so you would want an even softer ride than what you would have for mx, so I'm pretty sure you'd want much cushier springs..... You haven't changed the leverage ratio of the stock a-arms, but you are using shocks made for a different leverage ratio....c27 can elaborate.

I agree.If shocks were made for +2 arms and now he is putting them on +1 arms to keep same ratio new arms mount would be just slightly further outward to get the same plush ride.Moving them outward does change the ratio so its kind of a catch22.But it is way less than what you would think and can easily be valved to suit if even needed.