suspension set-ups??????

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
haydug

#11 Post by haydug »

If you already have a stock moto, try putting 400ex rear hubs for a little extra width. As far as your shocks, I've ran a stock moto against tcs and can tell you the difference is unreal. I actually rode a bike this weekend with a stock rear shock compared to the tcs conversion shock and gained around 3-5 seconds per lap.
Jeff @ quadshop can do them, and I've not heard anything bad about his setups, so give him a call for sure

Sandstorm

#12 Post by Sandstorm »

I just have the TCS 19" quadrate zero preloads in front and 19"mx fronts and 18" turf tamers. I'm at 31.5" heighth w/ no rider.

justfine

cool.........

#13 Post by justfine »

I like to hear what other people are running. I think I will do something soon.

WEJER

#14 Post by WEJER »

Anyone try ProPilot for rebuilds?

I just used them and very good :clap: Include warranties and lots of free services for loyal customers...standard.

Best part is that they are official Ohlins dealer and service. My impression is that I also got more for my money on the conversion!

http://www.propilotracing.com/

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

My moto shocks are converted to zps.I am very happy with them.The rear shock didnt need to be revalved just the zps springs.The front the rebound was to slow with the zps.I worked with Ohlins and they set me up with a shim stack and new oil.I am somewhat happy with it but will probably do some more work on it.Ohlins has spec sheets on all the shocks they go by the number on the top.According to them there was 150 variations of the moto shocks.I would go with Quadshop or if you want to wait PEP also does a conversion of the stock shocks.The zps is a must improves handling big time and in my case it even rode better.

MXMIKE

#16 Post by MXMIKE »

I had problems with my RPM axel set up from day 1. The spacers at the end of it were soft and they would compress or mushroom
and I could never keep the wheel hubs tight. I also had problems keeping their pre load nut tight.

Haydug, Man I hope I can pick up that much time with ZPS. I just
got my moto shocks converted by TQS and put them on yester day along with the plus 3 houser a-arms I got from you. I CANT WAIT TO TRY IT OUT!!!!!!!!

I have never ridden a quad with zps suspention before. I thought my moto front end was awsome before. It handled the rough landings and breaking bumps great but did not corner as well as those with ZPS and plus 3 arms.

I will give a report on how I compare the 2 different front ends Monday.biggrin.gif

haydug

#17 Post by haydug »

MXMIKE, another thing you should do is have your rear shock converted also. I have some extras I can send Jeff so you don't have any down time.

MXMIKE

#18 Post by MXMIKE »

Thanks haydug, He did the back with the fronts.

Jaybr

#19 Post by Jaybr »

Jeff did a set for my Speed last month and their awsome. I liked the setup so much I sent him another set to go on the Cannibal.

airtime

zps shocks

#20 Post by airtime »

if your going to run zps shocks you need to run them front and back. my 03' cannible came with the non-adjustable rear fox shock and is basically worthless, cannot be converted to a zps shock. wayne at pep built me a set of zps shocks front and rear and they work great. +3 lonestar race a-arms and lonestar axle get me to 50" front and rear. also used +1 +4 front rims. i set my quad to run with about 7" of ground clearance from the lower front shock mount and rear motor rail. your quad should be level or no more than 3/8 of an inch out depending on if you want more rear traction or less.