Lonestar Anti-Fade Lock nut

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
FUGITV

#11 Post by FUGITV »

ive got a full Lonestar setup on mine, and it is the biggest pain in the A** to get on or off. I called them, and they said that it is "normal" whats happening. they said that the fade is wider than the stock setup, even though the axle measurments are the same. doesnt make any sense. on top of that, i had to use a chisle to get the darn snapring off the axle once i had the fade nut completely bottomed out on the carrier. tore the he** out of the edge of the threaded collar, but that was the only way to get it off. I would think that lonestar would pull their head out of you know where and design something better, and maybe get some better customer service:mad: the other thing is, that snapring they put in the kit is the biggest piece of garbage, it's not even made of spring stell. once you slide it over the splines on the axle to seat in the grove, it doesnt snap back to fit tight in the groove ARGGGGH

KYmxracer52

#12 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Does anyone know of a place to get a GOOD snapring that matches the LSR one?

FUGITV

#13 Post by FUGITV »

the guy at LSR told me to go to a hardware store. since i live in an agricultural based state, should be able ti find one no problem. ive seen them that size on alot of our farm equipment:head:

KYmxracer52

#14 Post by KYmxracer52 »

mine actually bend too wide and came off allowing my nut to loosen. I tried to bend it back, but it's a little oblong now. Still works, but may try to find a good one.

CANNIBALKID

#15 Post by CANNIBALKID »

i work at a hydraulic shop, so i have a easy way to get em. anyone got a pic or a size. if you do post it, i might be able to help here.

KYmxracer52

#16 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I'll email Lonestar and have them to get me the exact size. Mines oblong and I may not get the exact measurement. I'll let you know when I find out the size. Thanks

FUGITV

#17 Post by FUGITV »

no............................thank YOU:clap:

wyndzer

#18 Post by wyndzer »

I had the Lonestar setup for about a year, but got tired of screwing with it. Went back with the stock hub and the RAD lock nut and have no more problems.

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

This thread has been very useful. It has given me many different ideas of how to correct our problem.

FUGITV

#20 Post by FUGITV »

i wish i could change it, but dont know what problems i will run into since i have a lonestar swingarm, bearing carrier, axle, sprocke hubs, and fade nut. id like to get rid of it since lonestar has completely pi**ed me off!!:mad: