Break-in, Bolts, & Nuts.........

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
btolenti

#11 Post by btolenti »

i totally agree, that's why I bought one. Plus i heard it filters better than paper...

Dale512

Filter

#12 Post by Dale512 »

Should I buy a Fuel Filter, Oil Filter, & Tranny Filter when I pick my quad up? How many.......and would the dealer have all this stuff or have u guys found some better ones?

LapTraffic

#13 Post by LapTraffic »

oil filter, spare plug, engine oil, and gear oil. Fuel filter is at 5hrs, so might want to grab one of those too, though you can buy them cheap at the auto parts store, it's a fram filter. This will get your through break in and riding.

At home have, Anti sieze (for the tansmission drain bolt) WD-40 for the shock rods after washing, and an industrial size tube of locktight.

Oh... and beer. smile.gif

Good luck and post any questions you might have

btolenti

#14 Post by btolenti »

I agree with Laptraffic on his suggestions. But if you can, get the cleanable stainless steel oil filter, it will save you money in the long run. Also, Napa has the fuel filters for $2-3. Stock up on those so you don't have top worry about finding one in a bind. These bikes hate dirty air filters....

On another note, No need to replace the tranny filter on a regular basis. The dales' come stock with a reuseable, cleanable tranny filter (steel mesh).

LapTraffic

#15 Post by LapTraffic »

Im sure you could get a filter at NAPA or some other parts store that you could put in line with your gas can. This would give your a no mess prefilter. Those filters are pretty cheap.

You sure can tell when they need to be replaced (the ones on the bike)

Dale512

#16 Post by Dale512 »

What all should I locktight?

Thanks

LapTraffic

#17 Post by LapTraffic »

When I got mine I stripped the bike after the break in hour, I figgured this was the best way to hit all the fasteners. Once the body was off, it was easier to get at the other fasteners, I did it this way, if it was holding something onto the frame that wasnt the engine, I backed the nut a bit, shot some locktite in and the tightened it down.

I ended up losing a body fastener and the rear fastener that holds the tail pipe on. (I never checked it rolleyes.gif )

Take your time, do it thoroughly and you have fewer hassles in the future.

Redman

#18 Post by Redman »

The things I check most after/before riding is the rear disk brake locknut, allen head bolts on the rear sprocket, the rear swingarm chain slider, and mostly the chain.