Ohlins Shocks Numbers

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
kdeal

Re: Ohlins Shocks Numbers

#11 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Psychosis
Can anyone explain to me the difference in the rear Ohlins shocks? I plan on switching out the Fox from the ATK to an Ohlins and getting rid of the Fox.

I saw that NREL has a bunch of shocks on Ebay and all of them have different prices and numbers. I figure that they're each for the different model quads but want to make sure I get what I want. So which ones on there would be the Moto shock and which would be the Blaze? Can't decide if I want to convert my current one for MX and get a Blaze or just get a Moto one.

Psychosis:

There are three shocks listed that will work. Anything else listed is misrepresented, because they are motorcycle shocks not ATV shocks as listed.

6001029 2002-2003 Blaze Originally (this one is the -01 model, which has the 12mm bottom bolt size)

6001182 2003 Glamis (this one has been rumored to have softer valving from the factory)

6000241 2002-2003 Cannibal & Speed (On models with Ohlins this was the shock)

I believe the shocks to be identical (except in Nrel's price) except for internal valving & possibly softer springs. They will all fit the Cannondale ATVs. I like the Blaze model as it comes with the 12mm lower bolt size already, and if it's valved differently, it's for my type of riding (slow)... The Glamis model would be my second choice, then the Speed/Cannibal version. But price would play into the decision as well. If you use the Blaze model, make sure you pick up a 12mm bolt & locknut to use for the bottom mount and pick-up a drill bit to drill out the mount on the quad (unless you have an 03 w/ the 12mm bolt size already).

Hope this helps.