Handle Bar Play, Tie Rods Worn Out

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

Mine are from rod end supply and they have held up great through some nasty stuff. I dont' know how many hours are on them but there are a few rough hours of riding and a couple races. I don't have the booties on them either.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

I have the ones from Rod End Supply also lasted two seasons so far.I got them from RetroZ a member.

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by cannondale27
I have the ones from Rod End Supply also lasted two seasons so far.I got them from RetroZ a member.

Thats who i got mine from too. He was great to deal with.

Cdale_racer_669

#14 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

are you sure its just the tie rods? Take a look and see if your steering stem is moving at the bottom.The mount on the frame might have gotten loose.If thats the case put the quad up on end and you will see the two nuts you have to tighten up on both sides of the steering stem.

i checked mine, how do i go about doing this? i see two nuts on the bottom of the stem

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

I just installed a set of $5 hiems with the "puppy booties " off of ebay. Packed them with moly grease. We will see how long they last.:drink:

cdrookie

#16 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by wistech
I just installed a set of $5 hiems with the "puppy booties " off of ebay.   Packed them with moly grease.  We will see how long they last.:drink:

use them on one side and put some RES on the other without the booties.