SSD - Pipe?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

If you read the article in the new ATV sport on Ohlins shocks they talk about a prototype shock which has a small piston on top of the main piston.The small piston does nothing until the shock is in the last part of its stroke this prevents bottoming.Funny thing is we all have that prototype shock on our Cannondale rear end.:cool: Only bad part about it is it makes the shock a bit stiff if you ZPS or ssd it unless you remove that extra piston.

KYmxracer52

#12 Post by KYmxracer52 »

My TC megaphone part of the pipe hits the caliper a little. I had the mount tweaked a little to keep if from hitting, so it doesn't really hit anymore. I do have little dents in the botom of my gas tank from the bleeder screw on the caliper. Ive landed pretty hard a time or two off some huge tables.

wanablaze

#13 Post by wanablaze »

Jess, it looks like my FMF Ti hits my axle all the time. What should I do?:cool:

I miss my Ohlins. I think its because they were setup for a heavier rider. Anybody interested in some noisy elkas?

jesshamner

#14 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by wanablaze
Jess, it looks like my FMF Ti hits my axle all the time.  What should I do?:cool:

I miss my Ohlins.  I think its because they were setup for a heavier rider.  Anybody interested in some noisy elkas?

Sounds like you need to work on your landings.tongue.gif j/k. I have a nice Fox Podium Series rear shock I'll trade you.:deal:

Pro400EXC

#15 Post by Pro400EXC »

I've got some nice stock Blaze Ohlins I'll trade yah...

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Yep my elkas need a revalve. I found that spacing the fmf mount out a half inch seems to keep the caliper from smacking the can.

Jaybr

#17 Post by Jaybr »

I've got ssd converted rear Ohlins on both mine and never notice the can hitting. Now those of you that know me will say I don't jump it. Team Cannondaleriders (Haydug, Loneracer, 465stroker) have raced one of mine twice with no problems, and Jesshamner rode the other at Glamis for 3 days with no problems.

Derno24

#18 Post by Derno24 »

I would like to say the resprung Ohlins isn't gonna bottom as easy as the Elka rear. Elka is way softer!

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by Jaybr
and Jesshamner rode the other at Glamis for 3 days with no problems.

At one point I had to stop for a few minutes b/c I was hitting hard enough to make my feet hurt. I know I was putting that suspension to the test a few times.

Jaybr

#20 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by jesshamner
At one point I had to stop for a few minutes b/c I was hitting hard enough to make my feet hurt.  I know I was putting that suspension to the test a few times.

You where jumping it pretty good!