pic's of the insides of a shock, please?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
parks9

#11 Post by parks9 »

great info "27"

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

:clap: :clap:
Shocks 101, Professor Spiering's class! biggrin.gif

cannondaleMx24

#13 Post by cannondaleMx24 »

didnt really read above but the valving changes are simply made by putting in diff shims

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Since almost everyone agrees the Glamis fronts were awesome shocks I have always wanted the opportunity to find out why.Canniboomer had 1 stocker and 1 glamis and decided to let me have some fun.Took forever since I am swamped but heres the pics Dave.Will order shims and sticker tomorrow.Thanks for letting me do this.These are the Glamis shims

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

These are all the sizes and placement of the shims.Notice some shims have bleed holes in them.Or in case of stocker alot of them.
BIG differences here.Shock body and spring are same in both.Just different valving.Change the valving of stocker and you can have Glamis shocks also.

Canniboomer

#16 Post by Canniboomer »

...great Steve, thanks. It will be good to have a matched pair back. I wonder how many mismatched sets are out there being used? Note I bought those, used, from a member on this site!, as a pair of Cannibal/speed shocks. They probably came from the mixed-up Nrel liquidation.

I want to offer handy conversion kits as discussed, so please keep a record of the part numbers, qtys, etc., with your bill!!!!! tks again.

fixthedale

#17 Post by fixthedale »

This is great stuff! Most of the guys around here have no clue what the inside of the shocks is like and how they work. This really gives some insight and makes them easier to understand.

ktmlew

#18 Post by ktmlew »

How do you bleed the air out of these? The PDS version of the WP shock is fairly tough to bleed but i guess this may not be too bad?rolleyes.gif

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

The floating piston has a bleed screw.Easy as pie.Just clamp shock shaft down,fill part way with oil,stroke it a few times(no not that)fill with more oil a bit above piston depth,install piston to correct depth then put bleed screw back in.

ktmlew

#20 Post by ktmlew »

Oh? Guess I should have asked first but I re-posted your pics over at KTMTalk. Thought the susp guys might like a look at them.

On another topic......we got to get you a better camera! My $150.00 Kodak takes MUCH better pics than that. Maybe it's time to take up a collection for you?sad.gif :hammer: