Suspension help

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CDaleChick

#21 Post by CDaleChick »

Jeff at the Quad Shop did the SSD conversion about a year ago. I will try to get a closer up pic of them here in the next couple days. For now here is a pic I already have

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

It looks like you are in the top groove already and the very top spring is compressed pretty tight.Not good.You will either have to settle for moving the clip all the way up out of the grooves or get shorter lower spring.

RXM

#23 Post by RXM »

It looks to me like your oversprung. I would get ahold of Quad Shop and see if Jeff will redo them. If not than send them to Todd@ TCS and he will get them right for you. If you have any other ??? feel free to give me a call.

Erik
Rated X Motorsports
eridens@ratedxmotorsports.com
619-448-3738
1-866-4RatedX

RoooStEr Pops

#24 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

they look like the moto ust with out he collores between the springs.

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

If I remember right all the guys with Jeffs conversion had the collar all the way up.(No Hieght adjustment even though ssd)There is just too much spring packed into stock area.What I would try to salvage these is remove the clip at top and figure out what hieght the quad is best at.Then get some sleeves made up just like the crossovers in the upper springs to keep it at that hieght(replace clip).Then adjust the shocks in a whoops section and eventually jumping it.If that doesnt work then you have to get them totally redone.

jwheat

#26 Post by jwheat »

I agree with Derno. (Wait a minute....did I really say that?!?!?)
Pro-Pilot Suspension is who you need to work on them. They rebuilt my Moto Ohlins for me and they work great. I also bought a full set of comp/rebound adj. Ohlins from them for my KFX700 and they are awesome! Call Jim at Pro-Pilot and tell him Jimbo Wheat in Brandon, MS sent you and he will fix you up.

jwheat

#27 Post by jwheat »

One other thing......don't adjust your compression to the last click in either direction....it will damage the fuel head.

jesshamner

#28 Post by jesshamner »

Sorry for the off topic post but I was curious about some glamis ohlins that I have. Can one add rezzies to glamis or speed ohlins?

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by jesshamner
Sorry for the off topic post but I was curious about some glamis ohlins that I have.  Can one add rezzies to glamis or speed ohlins?

Yes.But problem is paying for them.They are very expensive.Does work real well though.

mmitteer

#30 Post by mmitteer »

The only problem with The Quadshop is he will not talk to you on the phone. Email only. A lot of things can be solved with a five or ten minute phone call. I just got my Blaze shocks rebuilt and revalved by Derisi Racing. All three cost me just under $400 with shipping. They work great. If you have a problem just call Santo and he tells you what to do. He also guarantees his work. Good luck with what ever you do.

Matt