Interesting Works shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
TheJaspMan

#21 Post by TheJaspMan »

I chat with the Ohlins guys every chance I get. I would love to see them get even more involved with the ATV MX world.

I got my first set of LT TCS from Haydug. They were on the wifes ride. And the only issue we ever had was that she was so light we could never seem to get them set just right. But TCS has my eye. I was impressed with there customer service and with their product.

You hit it right about Gust. I think most of the difference in shocks these days is who set's them up. Not whose name is on them.

Psychosis

#22 Post by Psychosis »

I'd have to agree on the Ohlins thing. I love mine to death, but do wish they were ZPS. Would help out even more. I've owned a couple different brands and IMO, the Ohlins I have are better than the PEP's for the way they respond to hits and bottoming out. (Both equally setup and adjusted to their best point that is.)

C'Dale really hit it when they put Ohlins on all models but imagine if they would have been doing ZPS back then. I'm sure C'Dale would've put them on atleast the Moto. Just think of the advantage and how much more dominant off the showroom floor they would've been.

TheJaspMan

#23 Post by TheJaspMan »

I forsee Ohlins doing some things in the next couple years. They made nearly all the GNCC races this season, and a couple GNCs. At first I thought it was jus for the bikes, but that proved not to be the case at all. They were there to offer rider support and show off their new stuff.

The ZPS argument is interesting. I'm not a good enough rider to know the difference. But I think it's an option the pros would be looking for.

{Dirt, you dog! Were did your post go? Mine was in response to it!}

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Jasp you bring up a interesting point.Notice Gusts quad and a few others were running zps shocks but they were adjusted almost all the way up.At least at Red Bud and Gravity park.ZPS came about in the old days when you had to run both TT and MX.Saved a ton of money and made setup alot quicker.There is a tradeoff for running low.Comfort is for sure affected along with rebound damping.It has to be fast since there is no spring to bring your wheels back down quickly.A compromise has to be made for this.Ohlins and Custom Axis are a in between shock.Not real high and not real low.

TheJaspMan

#25 Post by TheJaspMan »

At the start of the GNC season Gusts shocks looked wacked! He and JJ both appeared to be sitting six inches above the rest of the field. I'm not sure what that was all about. But I found it intersting that the team changed suspension support mid season. I think it proved to me that it's all in who is setting up the shocks, and not the hardware itself.

I am hoping Ohlins continues a big push into the ATV market. They are a huge player in bikes. And (so far) have appeared to give some great rider support.

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

Who are they running now for suspension?

TheJaspMan

#27 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Who are they running now for suspension?

Same brand. New person setting them up. I'm having a brain failure. But I'll think of the name in a minute.