Just asking

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Happyboy

#21 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 8 2007, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Moto A-arms suck!Anyone who has any inkling of handling would tell you they got them wrong.

Really??? I have never heard that before. I don't race MX but have played on a set of moto arms as well as houser before and never really noticed much of a handling difference. What is the problem with them?

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Sep 8 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
??? your nuts....put new ball joints in and your set. They are as good as any aftermarket arm out there. People just equate quality with price. Stock parts are stock and therefore not as good. Thats just plain stupid thinking.

Hey that the status quo with a jap quad. Of course The cannibals were the Jap version and needed a lot of crap to make them decent. I wonder how many pulled their high strength light weight stock hubs off to put on weaker hardcores. Ive got a $700 aftermarket swingarm that some fool replaced his stock one with. It only wieghs 3 times as much and had 13 cracks in it.LOL And has anyone even come close to moto axle?

peterock

#23 Post by peterock »

come close to the moto axle?.................I like the rythmic bounce of my bent Lonestar. Isn't that an improvement? I just figure eventually I have to land on it just right and it will straighten back out. (besides I know steve likes my bent axle on the Dyno smile.gif )

wistech

#24 Post by wistech »

Heck I have yet to bend a stock axle with wheel spacers. Although I saw sandstorm bend his stocker with wheel stud extenders during the "nutcracker " jump in Utah . I have purchased 2 quads with bent aftermarket axles on them. They had sloppy axle hubs as well. And lets not even get started on all the junk aftermarket engine parts.

thedeatons

#25 Post by thedeatons »

I love all my Moto parts and will never change.... There are quite a few aftermarket A-arm companies, none of which makes an A-arm that looks as strong or is as thick as the Moto version, unless you pay serious money... Cannondale got their hard parts right for sure..... Remember, these quads (Motos) were doing 90 ft triples back in '02, before that thought was possible without serious name brand money. Cannondale did it with stock hard parts.... Long live my Moto!

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

The moto a-arms have no caster adjustment.Thats the biggest issue for me.I believe they have less the 3deg of caster.If you run anywhere with high traction,high speed its a issue.Difference in handling is amazing compared to a adjustable or correctly setup aftermarket a-arm.Lonestar,Houser,Walsh heck even the adjustable ASR's handling is much better and is noticable difference right away when you ride them.If you dont ever run TT,Flattrack,Supermoto or a rip down the road it wont be a issue but even on high speed trails or a run between bowls it is noticable.Most of the aftermarket arms also have joints that last longer and are much cheaper to replace if you know where to go.

Moto arms I guess dont suck totally but Thats why I sold my Moto A-arms and wont go back.If you dont ride another quad with other arms you probably wont ever know how different it can be.So dont unless you want to spend more $ like I had to.