Which Front suspension?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
haydug

#21 Post by haydug »

I just seen a set of eyeball "long travel" and they are using the standard balljoint, in which I think would limit the travel, and also put it in an aweful bind. I have seen these break with standard travel arms, so not sure how they will hold up with long travel.

As for the plastic (delron) bushings wearing, they have solved that problem with needle bearings. A friend of mine runs GNCC on a full Roll Design 250R, and he has changed his a-arm bushings 3 times this year. So I feel the needle bearings are a superior design.

cdalepilot

what about lonestar a-arms

#22 Post by cdalepilot »

nobody had anything to say about lonestar a-arms in this thread . any comments why? does anybody run these lonestar race arms on their cdale?

Derno24

#23 Post by Derno24 »

The person I can think of that runs Lonestar a-arms is Rick Cecco (465stroker). You could ask him about them if you want.

440EX4ME

#24 Post by 440EX4ME »

Just to clarify the houser busing situation.

Housers newer products use the needle bearings in the a-arm mounts but the older ones use the delrin type bushings. The old style can not just be updated with the needle bearing from the new ones.

I am working on a fix for putting a needle bearing in the old style without having to bore the a-arm or any other machine work but have not found a suitable set up yet. If some one can confirm the id of the hole in the a-arm on the houser cannondale a-arms I will update you guys when I find something. I think its the same as the ones for the EX but am not sure.

Houser did come up with a new bushing set up for the older style a-arms with bushings and it seems to be a much harder bushing pin and is holding up much better so far. I was actually a little suprised that they didnt use a hardened bushing in the first place but at least this is working better.

As a side not if you get the replacement bushings and pin etc dont discard the old bushings as they have a smaller id than the new ones and can be opened up to the larger size for you next replacement. I note this becase with the new hardend pin the bushings should be the wearing part now.