carbon fiber axle

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Derno24

#31 Post by Derno24 »

I had to chime in great work Madman. I would have loved to see some of those advancements.

claas900

#32 Post by claas900 »

.A friend told me the 454 drag bike was in a magazine but he couldnt rember witch one?..Any body know?..

claas900

#33 Post by claas900 »

.I think I may have answerd me own? on the 454 Drag bike.. http://www.motoxstation.com/news_July01.htm.

hears what it says...
"(7/10/01) As part of our never-ending testing program, Cannondale has been taking their ATVs to area dirt drag strips to find out how well they'll stack up against the competition. A few weeks back, for example, Cannondale took a totally stock machine to the New Paris, Pennsylvania track where test rider Andy Zeth and his Cannondale won both the 500 and 700cc classes on the 1/8th mile course."
" This past weekend, Cannondale brought Andy and a slightly modified Cannibal to the Blair-Bedford track. The Cannibal had been adapted to a 454 bore with a 13.8 compression ratio, and lowered the ride height a bit. Other than that, the only modification to Andy??????????????????s Cannibal was the addition of a wheelie bar that was designed by Brian Dively, fabricated by Dave Fleegle, and welded by Yvette Hahn, all of whom work at the Bedford, Pennsylvania motorcycle plant. "
"Going head-to-head with the Cannibal were several heavily modified Honda 400EXs, Yamaha Raptor 660s, and DS650 Bombardiers. So how did the Cannondale do? The Cannibal beat everything in the 700cc class, covering the 500 foot course in a blistering 7.6 seconds and hitting 72 miles-per-hour!"..
They have a pic of the bike.....Cool Beans...

NRath

#34 Post by NRath »

It's depressing to hear of the things that were in process and never completed. I enjoy hearing them, but wish I never would've! I hope the new owners are as committed to development as Cannodale was. You guys did great work and I'm truly disappointed to not see the direction the original design guys were taking it- it looked incredible and completely ground breaking!!

I wish all the original team were able to read how much we appreciate their hard work! Great Job Guys!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :usa

Derno24

#35 Post by Derno24 »

Well put!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Big Winky

#36 Post by Big Winky »

I picked up the drag motor that was sitting in R&D and I can tell you ..."IT" is a beautiful peice of work. You guys at c-dale were doing some fine work. Now the good news.... I am working on continueing the work on the motor, with a few changes of my own and hope to have it running in the quad for next spring. I have high hopes for this motor and intend to send a few crf and yzf guys running with their tales between their legs... yes, even including my own son. LOL

Big Winky

#37 Post by Big Winky »

also picked up one of the cast swingarms, 388,000 cycles @ 1250#.... outstanding performance! very nice piece! It's going on my personal quad.

JeffQuadShop

#38 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by Big Winky
I have high hopes for this motor and intend to send a few crf and yzf guys running with their tales between their legs... yes, even including my own son. LOL
Thats not hard todo with a stock motor!

Dale512

#39 Post by Dale512 »

I wanna see a pic of that Cast Swing-arm