Suspension help

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jwheat

#91 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by CDaleChick

i wouldnt have had a shattered foot if my suspension was set up right.

I don't remember you ever saying that faulty suspension caused your wreck. You said that you landing a little sideways and lost control.......that's not the shock's or shock builder's fault!

jwheat

#92 Post by jwheat »

One other thing.....if your going to talk about someone's work on your shocks, you really NEED to tell people that the work is a year old before the thread gets to page 7. You managed to get a years worth of use out of shocks that you now think are setup wrong......consider a year's worth of racing on them as your moneys worth and get them redone.

CDaleChick

#93 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by jwheat
I don't remember you ever saying that faulty suspension caused your wreck.  You said that you landing a little sideways and lost control.......that's not the shock's or shock builder's fault!

i watched a video of the wreck. the suspension acted like a pogo stick and bounced right back up pretty badly. I dont remember really what happened until i actually saw it. SO IT WAS FAULTY SUSPENSION. You werent there so dont even act like you are all knowing about what happened.

and the shocks werent even right when I rode on them before the year was up. I didnt know that bc I have never rode on the quad with proper suspension. As I have said before. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SUSPENSION.

do me a favor and dont respond to this thread anymore if you want to be an ***.

CDaleChick

#94 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by Exodus
I didnt realize that Jeff did the job a year ago, that does make a diffference.  If its been that long, it is very possible that whatever oil he used maybe broke down enough it isnt working the way it should.  I know Ohlins uses a special oil that they say is what their shocks are specifically vavled for, if he used say Elka oil, then it might have affected the valving or may have broke down to the point where the valving is way off.  

Well when I got the shocks redone they felt different of course. But they werent right. Since I do not know anything about suspension I didnt know what felt right and what felt wrong. I have never had proper suspension on any of my quads. Then I started looking at all my old pics and the shocks looked the exact same since the rebuild. I had started getting quite a bit faster at the end of the season before I wrecked and I was jumping and doing a lot more where it made my suspension start getting dangerous. That is why the accident happened.. it really didnt hurt me that bad until I really started riding faster and faster. I have had a lot of down time to really put a lot of thought into this and trying to piece it all together and im realizing that when I started getting a lot faster is when i really started noticing the bad suspension, but in all reality it was the same the whole time...my riding had just changed to where I noticed it.

jwheat

#95 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by CDaleChick
i watched a video of the wreck. the suspension acted like a pogo stick and bounced right back up pretty badly. I dont remember really what happened until i actually saw it. SO IT WAS FAULTY SUSPENSION. You werent there so dont even act like you are all knowing about what happened.

and the shocks werent even right when I rode on them before the year was up. I didnt know that bc I have never rode on the quad with proper suspension. As I have said before. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SUSPENSION.

do me a favor and dont respond to this thread anymore if you want to be an ***.

First of all, I'm not being an ***. I didn't ever remember you saying the suspension caused your wreck and I went back and looked at the 9/11 thread. You're the one that said how the wreck happened. On top of that, you waited till page 7 to state that the shocks caused your wreck and I'm pretty sure that this is the first time you've made that claim on this site. I just find that strange timing.

CDaleChick

#96 Post by CDaleChick »

First of all, I'm not being an ***. I didn't ever remember you saying the suspension caused your wreck and I went back and looked at the 9/11 thread. You're the one that said how the wreck happened. On top of that, you waited till page 7 to state that the shocks caused your wreck and I'm pretty sure that this is the first time you've made that claim on this site. I just find that strange timing.

hmm maybe bc i dont post on here too much or update on things everyday. At first I didnt know it was suspension..i just knew i remembered i was crooked...but i wasnt crooked over the jump..then i found out the whole story later on after seeing some racing buds again and watching a vid. Ive told others a little while back after i talked to ppl about what happened and saw what happened that it ended up being BAD SUSPENSION what caused the whole thing to happen...when it sprung straight back up in the air is when it got crooked and when it got crooked is when i tried to move the quad in the air and thats when my foot got caught in the tire and then it drug me down and shattered my foot to ****.

im not dissin on jeff either.. i was just trying to figure out what i needed to do with this suspension as i know nothing about it. and this guy decides to tell me to ride my quad with the suspension like it is. What a stupid suggestion. So then I go on and say yeah well i found out that the suspension caused the wreck. I didnt come here to announce that...i just wanted to know what to do with my suspension. So why would I want to say "yes my suspension caused my wreck" who cares if yall know that or not? its messed up.. and needs work. i showed the pics and you can see its messed up. Yall dont need to know that it caused the wreck. Until someone had the "bright" idea of me riding the quad like it is. Then I gave my reason of why that wouldnt be too smart.

CptHook

#97 Post by CptHook »

Dude, no offense but the bottom line is the suspension is not right regardless of the reason. If you look back she never originally pointed fingers at who should be responsible for fixing the shock, it was others telling her to do so. I doubt she is out to give anybody a bad name or scam anyone, but when you make accusations such as yours it makes it seem that way. So what if it's the suspensions fault for the crash, its not like that makes it Jeff's responsibility, you seem to be jumping up to defend Jeff even though she never blamed him for what happened with the shocks. Let's just stick with the main purpose of this thread and that is to come to a solution on what to do with this suspension.

mmitteer

#98 Post by mmitteer »

Actually she stated on page 2 that Jeff did the shocks about a year ago with a picture of her front end. I am sure she appreciates anyone's help but she does not need a tongue lashing when you do not read her post's correctly.

azcannon

#99 Post by azcannon »

I should know better than to talk about something I know nothing about but if your suspension bounces doesnt that mean your valving is blown out ?
I admit I am suspension ignorant , I have some nice shocks on my quads and not a clue how to adjust them.
P.s. when you have 3 springs on your LT ohlins is that ZPS or SSD ?
p.s.s. what does SSD stand for ?

CDaleChick

#100 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by azcannon
I should know better than to talk about something I know nothing about but if your suspension bounces doesnt that mean your valving is blown out ?
I admit I am suspension ignorant , I have some nice shocks on my quads and not a clue how to adjust them.
P.s. when you have 3 springs on your LT ohlins is that ZPS or SSD ?
p.s.s. what does SSD stand for ?

i had the rear shock blow on me twice and it had a different action than what the suspension has now...it doesnt spring up and down a lot when u press down on it... it just bounces a lot when you ride and its a really hard ride and you can forget about going through whoops fast.