Ohlins rear shock leaking

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jacobw

Ohlins rear shock leaking

#1 Post by jacobw »

I bought a rear shock off ebay I had it rebiult there was no nicks or anything in the shaft it was good. The shock number is a CN1770. I also had a conversion put on it. It works great and now it leaks about 2 races after I put it back together. Is there any updated seal designs or has anyone had this problem? The suspension guy that rebuilt it said that he had never seen a seal design like ohlins uses and was wary of it holding. So now where to I turn rebuild it again or buy a new ohlins off of NREL and put my conversion on it. I wouldnt think that they would have a leaking problem:mad: :mad:

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Send it to Jeff or Santo Derisi. I think Santo is a shock guy.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I wonder if the guy who rebuilt it knows that they run over 200psi nitrogen in the Ohlins Moto shocks.If it is low they will leak oil.

jacobw

#4 Post by jacobw »

is that over 200psi for all ohlins shocks on cannondales?? If that dont work I will buy a new one from NREL. This guy should know he a is race tech certified shock technician. He is local I had him rebuild my fox and he done a great job.

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Santo is doing my rear shock, he knows his stuff. I will let you knwo how it works when I get it back. He is rebuilding it today and it should be sent out tomorrow.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

No not all the Ohlins but almost all the motos were at least 200 psi.I would give it back to him he probably just nicked a seal putting it together.That can happen.

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

I think this one I have is a speed ohlins. I was told it came off a fx400. So what is the psi of the nitrogen need to be.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Well only way to know is to use the number at top of shock and call Ohlins they have records of the specs of all the shocks.If you dont do that 230psi is what most have.That is nitrogen and you still need to replace the oil that was lost.

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

okay thanks I will talk to him and ask him. Yeah I called ohlins before I think they told me it was off a fx400 but didnt ask any specs of what psi of nitrogen or anything. I would think he would have asked them since it was the first ohlins he has done he has rebuilt many elkas, peps, axis shocks.

jacobw

#10 Post by jacobw »

Thanks Kenny! I might have to resort to that.